Monday, December 26, 2005

The end of a very quiet day..and much needed rest for this weary grandma..*S* I've read, watch a movie from my new DVD player...SeaBiscuit, which made me cry, sorted scraps in sizes, and in general did pretty much NOTHING..*S*
I offer you a favorite bit from The Treasury of Days..."After all" Anne had said to Marilla once, " I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but those that bring simple litte pleasures, following one after another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." Sweet dreams and gentle rest my blogger friends..I will be off to read in bed...see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like a perfect day Finn! I was antsy so DH and I went to lunch and poked around in Best Buy and Borders. Bought a wall calendar for my sewing room. Then we watched a movie with one of our sons. We also went for a walk as the temps got near 60 degrees today!

Seabiscuit is an awesome movie! I'm glad you liked it!
Hugs
Laurie

quiltpixie said...

I must agree with you, there is a certain contentment that comes from the day-to-day pleasures in life just flowing along. Glad you had a good Christmas.

Hunter said...

Aloha, Finn:

We had the very same kind of day. Quiet and peaceful. We could hear the noise of people scurrying around outside, but it seemed far away.

We watched the original War of the Worlds with Gene Barry. It was fun.

I'm glad you had such a nice day.

Aloha,
Darilyn

Tracey said...

I plan on having something just like what you've described ....a QUIET day today. ;o) I'm holidayed out (is that a word?).

And Finn....I started crying when they were TRAINING Seabiscuit...good movie, eh?

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks, I too played with scraps... trimmed my smaller novleties into 3.5 inch squres :o)