Friday, December 16, 2005


Friday, Dec. 16th....Long, long ago, at a quilt retreat far, far away, a gal "taught" this little pine tree. We were insturcted to have dk. green for the tree, blue for the sky and something brown for the trunk and a grass fabric. I think you could call this wall hanging "Maverick Rising"..I didn't LIKE the tree and I definitely didn't want to do 4, with blue sky, and green grass. I didn't say anything, I simply went ahead and did it "my" way. The gal was less than pleased with me..*G* I give you my "Four Seasons". Pale pink for spring, soft yellow for summer, flaming salmon for autumn and a neat gray for winter. You can see I co-ordinated the "grass" to the season. The lay out and flying geese were my own idea. I like it. Lots of points missing, but the main point is I made "my" quilt. If I had it to do over, I'd have the geese flying "out" towards the binding instead of "in"...oh well. Machine pieced, hand quilted, every early 1980's. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Holly said...

You listened to your heart and did your own thing back then and now you have a quilt you like rather than a cookie cutter of someone else's. Pretty!

Hunter said...

I love your quilt and the story behing it. You are the best.

My local quilt store owner keeps bugging me to take a class, but I keep telling her I'm genetically unable to make anything according to a pattern. She swears that it won't bother her. I guess I'll have to do it and see if she freaks out or not. LOL.

Thanks for sharing, Finn.

Darilyn

quiltpixie said...

You'd think, with all the patterns and fabric out there, no one would expect us all to be clones; I too have found instructors who are "not pleased" by my venture -- but then I remember I'm the one paying for this, and living with it afterwards!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Woohoo, a quilt rebel is born. Good for you for making YOUR quilt.

Susan Tidwell said...

Good for you, personal expression is one of the perks of quilting, I would think. If we all wanted the same thing, we would just go buy one. Thanks for sharing. I have a 4 seasons wall hanging, will have to post a picture soon.