Saturday, December 31, 2005


New scrappy pieces..not even 24 hours old..LOL..One of the neat things about being a quilter is "moving on". The quilt below makes me sad but that's just like the sun going behind a cloud..it doesn't stay that way. When I was reading Bonnie's blog I was struck by the little quilt she just basted made up of these blocks. They probably have a name..maybe they are "hovering hawks"..I like that name..*G* Anyway, I took a break from the baby quilt blocks and whipped these up while watching Jeopardy yesterday. The 2.5" HST's were already made and sized..so it wasn't hard..LOL And scraps make me happy again..the sun is out again..dark clouds have moved on..*VBS* Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love these blocks to! I loved them on Bonnie's blog and here they are again! I LOVE them! Maybe I'll have to make some. There is a name for them but I don't recall. I'll have to look that up sometime too!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, love the color combination you have going here. Very rich darks and fun hints of orange and pink showing up here and there.
I know this isn't a Hovering Hawks block. Think it's Jacks on Six. Doesn't matter what it's called - it's great.