Thursday, December 29, 2005


This is the time of year for looking back across the years, and the miles you've come from where you began. I am not exempt from this "auld lang syne" time of year. Over the coming days and weeks, if you are reading this, you will be traveling back towards the beginnings of pieces that come from my scrap bag. This little wild geese wallhanging is an "oldie". Back in 1984..moved by autumn mighration I templated and cut these "wild" geese, and sent them flying south(and north *G*) swept along by the wind. Clever me felt I had to quilt wind lines..so I did. And then worked out a template for pine trees. The method of hanging was ribbon loops, hidden behind grograin ribbon bows. I still had a lot to learn...LOL Machine pieced, hand quilted. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lucy said...

I love your geese , I love the primitive in it ! And see a quilt from days ago is still nice :c)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Finn - Flying geese are one of my favorites! This is so cute! And you are being much better than me getting things done. I"ve been too busy playing on the computer all week!

Hunter said...

Great quilt and quilting. Love the colors.
Darilyn

quiltpixie said...

As long as the ribbon holds the quilt up, nothing to scoff at... it serves its purpose...

Maggie Ann said...

I like all your quilts dear Finn! It makes me want to go to the sewing machine and come away with something so fun. About books, aren't they wonderful friends...yes, the simple, tried and true are good ones for bedtime reading. A good way to lower any stress levels. When I'm online I am always so relaxed, I don't hear house noises or any such thing...when I read a book, my soul is away on rest and relaxation. I'm glad you had such a good time with your family, I really enjoyed the pictures...glad you shared them. If you ever want to give me your e-mail addy or snail mail, I'll send you a pic of us. Goodnight dear friend.

The Calico Cat said...

I don't the I ever saw flying geese where there wasn't a vaslue difference in the "blocks." I love how this has a "use what I have" feel. But the best part (IMHO) is the "wind" quilting!

Holly said...

Finn - flying geese are one of my favorites, too. I've been wanting to make one like this for my bed for a long time. Yours is awesome. I like your wind and trees quilting. I'm glad you got to spend time with family over Christmas :)

Granny said...

Finn, I love traveling back in time with you and your quilts! The colors in the jewel box quilt really make it sing!

Can't wait to see more pix!

Judy L.