Tuesday, January 31, 2006


You gals who have gotten to know me, know that I love the leftovers..LOL. And that I recently completed the star quilt for baby Grant. My DD and her friend bought flannel for backing and several 1/4 yd cuts for the quilt they wanted. No background of course, except 3 or 4 quarter yards. Not enough to make the quilt. So those are leftover plus bits and pieces of the 1/4 yds that I fussy cut. The friend involved in the buying adventure is Little Sam's mommy. She told me to keep the scraps. It happens that Sam will be 10 in May..*G* And his mommy really bought stuff she would have liked for Sam. And now you SEE where this is going...right?? Yup, Sam will get a star quilt, similar to baby Grant's...but using the few pieces of background the girls bought instead of the all yellow I used for Grant's. I'm just making a block in odd moments as for me this isn't a high priority project, altho it makes me smile to think about it. And it means I can get more stash and more scraps used up....it's alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll good ! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the cowboy in the middle! I have a cowboy quilt in me to do someday.

Maggie Ann said...

I love this block...that cute cowboy...now who couldn't fall in love with this for a quilt? The colors are so warm and 'feel-good' too.