Friday, February 03, 2006


Flying above my swamp cabin...the row of mosquitoes. Amy from Calico Cat says they done't look like mosquitoes..LOl. I think she needs to honeymoon in WI or MN where the mosquito is considered the "state" bird!! Come on now, Amy, he's looking right AT you(I'll be adding two beady little black seed bead eyes and embroidering his STINGER pointing directly south. See the back end full of blood? That means this mosquito is a female and will now lay her eggs and die. That's probably the nicest thing you can say about a mosquilto. Probably her white wing just didn't show well enough in the full length picture. AND for Tonya, in this picture you can see that most of the directional fabric is headed the wrong direction...the streaks of color flow from left to right, not top to bottom...LOL Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cher said...

those mosquitoes caused the hugest welts on my body ever! just across the pond in Ontario when I was on a road trip...the biggest ever! well Finn, I missed voting on the swamp cabin quilting-will look forward to seeing what you end up doing - it's a great wall hanging in terms of doing it your way...

Quilts And Pieces said...

What FUN mosquitos. Wonder if that is the same pattern I'm going to use for my mosquito quilt??? Geez I got to get some time to sew!

The Calico Cat said...

Ah ha.... If the mosquitos are that big..... I'll visit in the winter!