Wednesday, February 01, 2006


UFO # 3, finished in January. I know it's an odd little log cabin. I was given a small bag of strips after a guild member died. They were 1.5" and quite ancient. The border fabric is an 80's fabric from her stash also. I made the 9 little blocks, basted and quilted it..but NOTHING I did in the border looked good. Bet I picked stitches out of that border 3 times! So the quilt just SAT...probably 10 years. Thanks to Tonya, I finally figured out what it needed..I freehand meandered the border with green perle cotton and then got it bound. With the sawtooth Star for baby Grant I can clain 3 UFO's finished in January. I'm machine quilting another small wall hanging and sent one top out for quilting. These log cabins finish at 5" Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

cher said...

woohoo, three in January - done! good going Finn...and it's a sweet little quilt too.

Laura said...

Good for you getting 3 UFO's done. That was what my resolution was this year, of course that is easier said then done!

Laurie said...

Super job Finn! I did finish Joe's quilt...but that wasn't a UFO...it was from start to finish!
Hugs
Laurie

quiltpixie said...

Yeah!!

Maggie Ann said...

Your little quilt is beautiful!... I just read your comment at my blog and came over to give you a hug...*s*. I love the way you write...oh how I hope (and will pray) that the broken stitch in your eye will soon be out of the way and your vison will be good again. I have just spent a very enjoyable hour with my cello, and am just about to put the computer to sleep. Come visit me whenever you can...I love to hear from you.

Tonya R said...

Glad you enjoyed doing the loopies in the border - whoohoo, another quilt finished.

kathie said...

I like this little quilt you made...nice memories too ..great news on finishing 3 ufo's, wish I could say the same....maybe this month I could accomplish that too!

Patti said...

Three is a great accomplishment for one month, no matter what the size. This little one looks familiar - I'm sure I have strips of some of those fabrics lurking in my strip bins! Time to get them out and get cracking. Log cabins are so much fun1