Wednesday, April 12, 2006


Betsy and I often challenge each other..all in good fun. One will give the other "something", a pile of 9 patches, some HST's....maybe a new chicken print, scraps from something. They aren't idle gifts. You gotta rise to the challenge...of course! This was one such challenge..but we agreed before hand to make HTS-2.5" finished, mostly lights and darks. No set number, just sew those 3" squares together, split them into 2 HST's one for me and one for her. So that we both had identical "blocks" to work with...LOL. No set pattern, no size limit. This all took place several years back and as a result of this wall quilt, I went on to piece my Triangle Mania in scrappy HST's...I showed it back in Oct. I believe. This is my quilt and is 30" X 30" square. I'm quite pleased with it, but not always with Betsy's "lights"...LOL...which range from medium all the way to dark I think..*G* She, on the other hand, finds my lights to "light"...but that just makes for more fun when we do a project together. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Joanne said...

What fun these quilts are -- I think it's great that you challenge each other.

quiltpixie said...

This is a wonderful quilt and sound like great memories are made through the "challenge". The quilt works well even if some of the "lights" are "dark" to you :-)

Linda C said...

this is a little "cutie". Nice and scrappy!!

Jeanne said...

As always, I love the scrappiness!
Jeanne :)

Laurie said...

Finn,
Too cute! It sounds like you and your friend have a lot of fun challenging each other! I like the outcome! ;o)
Hugs
Laurie

Tonya Ricucci said...

My sense of what constitutes a "light" is pretty similar to Betsy's. I don't do light light. The fabric just has to be lighter than the dark... Fun quilt.

Judy said...

I'm afraid I have the same "light" tendancies as Betsy too. "Light" is just lighter than the dark it's paired with. Great quilt! Love the colors!

Oh and thanks for posting on my blog and for the compliments. Always welcome.

Laurie Ann said...

What a sweet little quilt! I like the way you quilted it as well. Wish I had such a great quilting buddy as you do!

Patty said...

I like this one, looks perfect. You get so much done Finn !