Thursday, April 27, 2006

I was just doing some noon hour wandering as I ate my sandwich, and came across this website. You know how that happens, you click on something, and then link to somewhere else,LOL, well, this was about the 3rd or 4th "somewhere else link"....but it's SUCH a great site with much information about quilt patterns and where they fit into the history of our country. I didn't get the impression that their intent was to sell anything, altho there are Google ads on the site. I highly recommend a visit, with or without the sandwich..*VBS*

http://www.womenfolk.com/historyofquilts/



4 comments:

ForestJane said...

That is a cool website, I have it linked from my guild's 'links' page. Have you seen it's sister site too?

Katie said...

Very interesting. The one I liked best was the history of the swastika symbol. I'd never thought about it going back to the early Egyptians and Native Americans. After the U.S. declared war on Germany, the Navajo Nation decreed that this symbol, which they had used from ancient times, had been desecrated by another nation of people, therefore, it was never again to be used in any type of Navajo art.

quiltpixie said...

this is a great site. Thanks for sharing it Finn

Judy said...

Cool site. I bookmarked it so I can spend some time later wandering around!