Monday, April 24, 2006


Monday...sunshine but cool and windy. This is a block that I am playing with at the moment. Since you know this is what I do, instead of finishing a previous playtime, you aren't surprised at all, are you? *G* I had thought this was the Hovering Hawks block, but upon checking my Jinny Beyer book of Blocks, it isn't. And I don't think it's Contrary Wife either, but similar. In the Beyer book, it says this block is called "Three and Six". I suppose the 3 squares and the 6 HST's. I'm using 2.5" parts, so each block will finish at 6". Scrap Happy time in WI..*VBS* Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

When I first saw them, I thought "Anvil." Maybe the Anvil has a light square in the center...

At any rate they are nice.

Judy said...

Well, I lied...my book has 100 blocks..oops! I couln't find it anywhere in the book. Hovering Hawks has 4 x 4 blocks, but similar and Contrary Wife has solid squares in the 5 main spaces...each corner and the center.

So either you invented it!!LOL! Or it's what Jenny Beyer says it is. I say name it something cool and call it your own creation!

Whatever they are called...I call the fabulous!

Judy said...

1000 blocks...darn them for not letting you correct your comment without trash canning it!

Linda C said...

Finn, I just looked at BlockBase and I think it is Brackman #1689b called Jack and Six or Tennessee by Nancy Page OR if in just two colors 1689a--Double X, Old Maid's Puzzle, Cat's Cradle, Jack's ON six and Kindergarten Block or the 3 on 6 you mentioned.

Very pretty blocks whatever you want to call it.

We put your 2 1/2 inch blocks to good use today!

ForestJane said...

Ohh, nice! and I think it'd be great for a guild swap too, block of the month kinda thing... looking for easy ones, thanks! I haven't picked a block for June yet, that just might do.

May is going to be baskets, I think.

dot said...

I like these, but then again there hasn't been anything you have posted that I haven't liked. YOur sewing is wonderful. I don't know which layout I like better.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hmmm, I always called it hovering hawks too! Whatever it is I've used it before because I really like it!

quiltpixie said...

I think its called "wonderful" as that's what it is. Love the contrast in the scrappy fabrics you're getting...