Wednesday, June 07, 2006


Eyes update: Many thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. My good eye isn't infected, nor is the left one as far as I can tell. I think it's just a massive allergy attack. My eyes have always been the first thing to react, and I did spend some time outside Monday. What happens leaves the tear ducts swollen and protruding, weeping from both eyes, blurry, itchy, and it feels like I have eyes that are too small for my head. And then someone stuffs wax paper in around the small eyes to make them fit...LOL. Hard to keep your hands out, but I have to or risk infection. I can't read, watch tv, or sew, unless it's on something where the seam allowance doesn't matter. Obviously, I can't read the blogs very well when this happens. It's some better today..abit more focus than yesterday. I'm just grateful to still have vision, even if it's compromised sometimes. Here's one of my golden oldies to look at..*VBS*See you soon.... Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Sorry to hear your eyes are acting up again. I am catching up & will try not to comment on everything just to give you something else to read...

Laura said...

Oh Finn, do take care of yourself and just let those eyes rest!

Judy said...

My goodness I missed the eye troubles!I signed off about 2:oopm and sewed like a banshee! So sorry you had to deal with that, but glad that it isn't a bad infection.

Just stay in the bat cave and rest your eyes for a few days!!

hugs!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh Finn you poor thing - it sounds awfully uncomfortable. And not being able to do any sewing, reading, tv watching must be driving you crazy.

Hope those meds kick in real soon. {hugs}

dot said...

Thanks for the update. I was thinking and praying for and about you all day. Glad to hear not to serious. Take care and get better.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh finn! Now that is my type of quilt! love those colors on the black!

YankeeQuilter said...

Take care of yourself Finn. Not being able to see clearly is so frustrating but not one of those things that can be rushed...
Siobhan

Fiona said...

Hi Finn, glad you are able to post today and hope you continue to improve. Love those bright colours on the quilt. Fiona

Tonya Ricucci said...

Finn, I'm so sorry about your eye problems. Think I'd go bonkers if I couldn't watch tv, read or quilt. Can someone go get a book on tape for you?

Love this quilt. All my best wishes to you.

Maggie Ann said...

You take care...I was just wondering how your eyes were doing. Allergies are soooo miserable. Hope you get 'all well' soon.