Sunday, June 04, 2006


Half of a block unit....The pattern(or idea) is from American Patchwork and Quilting, August 1997. The article is called Homeward Bound, I believe, and has 4 layouts of HST quilts. In the orginal pattern, the triangle square is 4 HST's. I didn't like it that way, so I substituted in a 2.5" square instead. And as Betsy pointed out to me, if I had thought it through before I cut everything, that lighter outer part could have been a big triangle instead of a square and 2 small triangles...oh well...too late now...*VBS* Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda C said...

AHA! I have that magazine so can see what they did with the pattern. The name "Homeward Bound" had me thinking about a free quilt pattern from Patchwork Studios but hey, they can name it any old thing they want, right?

You might see a couple in the WTIL gallery of that one-----
http://patchworkstudio.com/may97.htm

Linda C said...

Oh, I should have paged further--a neat idea for a leaf quilt on the next pages. Something that might be fun for the Belles to try come fall. See it pays to pull out old magazines sometimes.

Ann said...

Finn, as I read your post and saw the name of this quilt, John Denver started singing in my head! lol "Country roads....take me home".. A song I sang a lot as a kid. I guess it was just an easy one to remember the words to! Anyway, I like these blocks and as usual, I enjoy visiting your blog!

Lily Mulholland said...

Finn while you could have just done a big triangle, I like the look of the pieces. It'll add so much more texture to the finished quilt! (sometimes the long way round is all the more satisfying!)