Sunday, July 15, 2007

On a sunny Sunday morning....




...I am still amazed and in awe of this wonderful gift from blogging friends around the world!! *VBS* So very sorry that 'life' had me(and the rest of the world) by the tail yesterday! Sometimes things happen and you can switch plans, and sometimes, not. Yesterday turned into a "not" despite my plans...but here I am, better late than never I think *G*, still full of gratitude and awe from receiving such a lovely gift from so many of you.
With the new blogger format of using the html for the pictures, it's hard to put the words by the right picture. Sorry. The package I received was a nice, bulky priority envelope, a big one! And it had bulky contents! 21 absolutely wonderful 6.5" scrappy blocks from YOUR scrapsbags(and that was emphized...LOL) in celebration of my 2 years of posting at Blogspot!
Sometime after I announced my giveaway celebration, Nadine started the ball rolling with other quilters to send me blocks! What is so very incredible to me, is that altho you all seem to know me, there are some of you that I don't recognize the names. Guess that's what amazing on the internet. In this format, we can read each others posting, and leave a comment, or just move on to the next blog. I really have not minded that the readship excedes the comments....other than I can't always pop over and greet you and see where you blog and what you are up to! And I love doing that!!!
But the wonderful blocks...back to those. In the first picture, starting at the top left, the blocks are from: Tracey of Oz Country Quilting Mum,Nancy of Quilting Fitzy,Connie at Chookblue, and Nadine of Friendship Treads. She actually embroidered those words~such tiny stitches!

Second picture from top left:Pam at Pam's Pages, Connie of Simply Quilted, Tanya at TANIWA and last but not least, Bea of Capricorn Quilts.

I will share more of the blocks tomorrow, but please, each and every one of you, I send my deepest heartfelt thank you for this lovely honor. I'm just Finn, and all I do is just my 'Finn' kind of thing, if that has helped you in some way, I am sooo very pleased..*VBS* A special THANK YOU to Nadine(Friendship Threads) for deciding to do this and getting the ball rolling, and another special THANK YOU to Jeanne(Luv 2 Quilt) for being the collection center and keeping track and getting them off to me in such a lovely package, with such a lovely note! Loved your stationery and envelope...it will live on in my stitching box *VBS* I love seeing little reminders like that of the friendship, support and love of fabric and quilting that we all share. God bless the Quilters of the World, for they be both piece and peacemakers. Hugs for all, Finn *VBS*

18 comments:

dot said...

Wow! What a great gift. I look forward to seeing the wonderful quilt that these little gems will become.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, what lovely treasures!

Unknown said...

Your welcome. I am fairly new in blogland and haven´t been reading your blog. I have been reading Nadine´s blog and decided to participate in this surprise for you. For the short time I have been around here I have seen that there is a lot of kindness going on here and everyone willing to help if they can. Enjoy your blocks.

Jeanne said...

You are very welcome! So glad you are happy with your surprise. They were
fondled and admired here before I sent them off to you. I was amazed at where they all came from and how different they all were. Enjoy.

Sweet P said...

What a wonderful gift. Quilters are wonderful, aren't we?

meggie said...

A gift worthy of your lovely nature Finn. Sorry I missed out, but am so glad you have received your blocks.They look gorgeous.

Texan said...

Not at all surprised you got such a great pkg in the mail! I missed that this was going on...

Finn you have helped so many get their blogs up and going and your just a sweety on top of it! I am tickled you got such a great pkg in the mail !!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Hope you enjoy them Finn, cuz we sure enjoy you!

Many hugs!
Quilting Fitzy

Angie said...

How absolutely lovely, Finn! I'm sorry I didn't know about this...I would have joined in...but I'm delighted that someone (Nadine?) thought of doing this for you!! :D You are so very deserving, and always so appreciative...Enjoy your treasures!! :D

Linda C said...

I must have missed this too--what with vacation and all but no one deserves it more, Finn. Happy Blogiversary!! What treasures you have there.

MARCIE said...

What a wonderful surprise! A very thoughtful thing for those nice ladies to do. I like the new picture of you on your blog-yea!

~Bren~ said...

How exciting! I had a great time preparing your block. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Rose Johnston said...

Hope mine is in there Finn, if not its still coming!!!(snail mail can be frustrating!!!) I have been reading ur blog for some time now and u truly deserve such a wonderful surprise!!!! Enjoy ur blocks!!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

So pleased you like the surprise Finn, it was a pleasure to sew!-and be deliberately scrappy! Tracey

Libby said...

Oh what a wonderful gift, Finn.

Bea said...

I love this surprises. Happy Blogiversary!

Chookyblue...... said...

if was fun working on a secret mission..........I noticed from your pics a lot of the girls have written on there blocks.......I didn't but you could write my name etc on my block if you want..........mine is the peach/green snail looking block........can't wait to see what you do with them........they all look so nice........

Darlene said...

Well, I don't see mine! I'll have to check with Jeanne!