Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Saturday Surprises and Sensational Sewing....

The impromptu visit from DS#1 on Saturday was wonderful!!! He came complete with tool box and his youngest son who turned 9 in March, and is super-duper help!
Working as a team, they put together my new headboard and got it installed on the bed!! So....new headboard, old quilt freshly washed!! This is the Trianglemania twin size that I showed back in 2005. It doesn't get much use. I decided to wash up a few of the quilts that have been stored and this was today's. All fresh and clean from the dryer. It's machine pieced and utility quilted...don't remember the year.
And....as usual, when I have a "have to" item to finish....I'd much rather be playing....LOL What to do about that??
Play in between the rows of log cabin joining...*VBS*My letters has NEVER been from 'just' the scrap box before, I have to say "I LOVE IT"! Not sure why it seems easier....but it does and I feel so productive...now I must get back to the log cabin this afternoon. I'm almost done.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....fabulous headboard and that's my kind of quilt! I just love it. Bright scraps..yum!

Annie
: )

Donna said...

if it weren't for the playing when I have other things to do, I probably would never get to it! :-)

meggie said...

I love that triangle mania quilt!!
You are obviously having a ton of fun.

Angie said...

Oh Finn, that headboard is gorgeous!!! I want one JUST like it!! And the quilt is perfect on it! :D I'll take one of those too, please! ROFL Your words are so cute---one of these days I want to try those. :)

Sweet P said...

I love your headboard too. The quilt is great. But your letters are absolutely the greatest.

Jenny said...

That's a very pretty headboard complimented by a lovely quilt. It sets me back on my daydream of owning an old farmhouse decorated with all the fixin's. One day!

atet said...

Lovely bed -- lovely quilt and fun projects in the air. Sounds like a winner to me!

Tonya Ricucci said...

your letters are great - they definitely look more you now, all scrappy.

Darcie said...

Those guys helped you create a fabulous make-over! LOVE the headboard...and the quilt is perfect for it! Of course! ;-)

Your scrappy letters are very fun. Very Finn! ;-)

Are you liking this terrific weather that I'm sharing with you? Can't wait 'til October...my October's friend! ;-)

Clare said...

As always an inspiration - your letters are fantastique (hanging head in embarrassment as mine are much too messy!).

Quilts And Pieces said...

That quilt is so perfect with your headboard - which is gorgeous by the way (both the quilt and the headboard)! Way fun letters!

McIrish Annie said...

I think you have caught "LazY gal" disease! LOL those letters look very familiar. Keep going can't wait to see the end result

Holly said...

I like the looks of those scrap box letters! Your headboard is pretty.

Anonymous said...

This headboard AND the quilt, just look FABULOUS, Finn !

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE

Magpie Sue said...

I'm curious to see what those letters are going to spell in the end. Rat?! Hop?! Whatever are you doing??!!

Love both the headboard and the trianglemania quilt. :-)

Cher said...

gee- what great letters! and I can not understand why you do not love that quilt-it's fabulous! such a beautiful headboard-hurray for sons that are handy! I miss my Ryan who is the same way.

Fiona said...

What a great quilt - and the letters are much more 'you'.