scraps of paper tossed by the wind. Frost on the pumpkin, the haunting call of the geese flying south. More pieces from my scrapbag...and a mind that feels like a hurrican has blown through this week. BUT...Friday night traffic or not, here I am!!A day or two late, several dollars short, but I'm here *VBS*My Finn child, and her brown cotton stockings smiling you back into the 1940's **VBS**(Commercial message inserted here....Ebby's pathetic cries for 'just one more spoonful of the wet stuff Mama'....great pretender that she is, she thinks I don't know she JUST had that one spoonful and will answer her plea) Not gonna happen toots!
Anyway...back to the 40's...just a hop, skip and a jump! Waaaay back last week, or maybe the week before, I was tagged by several of you for the 7 weird things about me me-me...LOL. I could tell you that EVERYTHING about me is weird, but I'd be tellin'...so that won't happen. I've read back through comments but can't find who tagged me.If you are reading this, please tell me it was YOU *VBS* Thanks!
And rather than letting more time pass, I'm just going to lick my pencil and 'do it'.
You remember that pencil licking thing from grade school?? I wonder why we thought we should do that..? Maybe it would write darker or something?? That alone is pretty weird. So here goes, in no particular order....what can I tell you about me that is weird? And that I haven't told you already...LOL 1. I have a birthmark on my right arm, of the strawberry variety. My mom scrapped her right arm,while she was pregnant) from shoulder to elbow on an old trunk lid, and always believed she "marked me". Adults rarely notice it, but children always do and aak if it hurts. It doesn't *S*
2.My blue eyes are not the typical 'round' shape of eyes. They are egg shaped. That alone isn't weird, but mine are also two different sizes. It's the sort of thing you learn when you have cornea transplants.
3. I have to sleep on my stomach...not my side, nor my back. If I can't be on my tummy, I don't sleep...not much fun.(commercial insert: Ebby begging again).
4. This is hard...must be I've already confessed to all my weirdness. Vision problems of one sort or another have plagued me most of my life..and that isn't weird. But the kind of disorder I have is inheired and no one in my family has it but me. Do you suppose the milkman came calling??? THAT would be weird since I resemble my Dad so much...LOL.
5. I sort of like yams(especially raw) but really hate sweet potatoes.
6. I can swallow massive amount of pills without any difficult..freaks my kids out for sure.
7. I'm the one, of three girls in my family, who didn't drink or smoke. Not before and not in college. I've always wondered if maybe that's why I couldn't ever get pregnant? THAT would be pretty weird! But I'm not going back to find out.
7. I've never outgrown my love of crayons. I love, love, love the look of Crayola in the box, all new and shiney and nice sharp points. I love the smell of crayons. I've gotten quite independent about them, just ask my middle sister or my friend Jean. I MUST have pointed crayons. Once the most of the point is worm away I need a new box.
8. A continuation of #7...since I have so very few bad habits, I indulge myself with new crayons whenever I feel the need! I bet I have enough slightly used crayons to supple several school classrooms.
9. I don't like to shop. Period. I put on a happy face and pretend I am enjoying myself when Betsy wants a fabric fix. And I always find something to buy, but there is no real thrill involved for me anymore. I can't seem to feel any need of anything I don't already have. That is weird!
10.I find it weird that nearly all my weirdness isn't really all that weird.
There! Mission acomplished.
I will browse around blogland and see if I can find the rules that are also suppose to be appearing here......AND...as Gypsy Quilter says, this me-me has been floating around the blogs for a while now, so please consider yourself tagged if you want. Thanks God it's Friday, hugs for everyone *VBS*
A wee bit of progress today!
4 hours ago