And I figured it was time to change the header to something less 'drippy'. Betsy and I basted this old flimsey on Thursday. It's a block of the month from the guild I used to belong to in Frederic, WI. The Mixed Sampler Quilt Guild. Our outgoing President did it as a challenge following her years in office. She was a newly retired RN, need I say more? *VBS*
A closer look at the upper section. I've debated whether or not it merits hand quilting, and decided it's a good size for my recliner, so I'll utility quilt it with perle cotton. In lots of bright colors *VBS*One more UFO bites the dust!
As the maverick I am, I didn't do the BOM house. Too convention for my taste and focus fabric, I made a "jungle Pad" instead. The animals seem to like it *S*
An orphan block from Betsy. She's been playing around with the bargello of Bonnie at Quilville. Using 2" strips, she made up one block at a time, so each is different. She laid them out in a barn raising pattern, and it made me think about something similar from my JulieQ Easter jellyroll. This block became an orphan when she eliminated yellowish cheddars from the top, focusing on red, magenta and teals.
When Genealogy meets Quilting
7 hours ago