Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kickin' it....

into gear that is. I'm an older model(lol)and I start up slow...*VBS* There are a few more questions about the New Years Eve Challenge, so here goes!I'm "getting started" with this UFO. The next time I show it, it will be a Q.U.I.L.T. Clare asked about listing your projects on the sidebar, and I think that is a wonderful idea! I'm not going to because I change mind very, very often! I will, however, post a picture of each UFO as I get started on it, and again when it's "Finished", then I'll list it on my side bar!
Another question from Paula and Sweet Pea, "does finished mean a finished quilt or is a finished flimsey finished"? Good question..excellent in fact, LOL, but only YOU know the answer to that one. As I said on the 26th, "finished" means different things to different people. You need to fill in the blank on that one yourself, and I'll give a clue "there are NO wrong answers" *vbs* I've put link to everyone who is participating so far. I checked and they all work, altho they won't take you to the exact post except for Clare's. Apparently I haven't mastered doing tha as yet!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I'm not a deadline or goal person but I need to be. I really have a lot of UFOs that need finished so I'm going all out and saying 8 finished quilts. I just laid them out on my audition bed. First step is to make borders for those that need them. It's that quilting the flimsy that I am so bad about getting to so that is big on my goal. I'm also not very realistic about how long it takes me to do things so....

Lilly said...

I admire all of you who are going to get so many items finished this year. I am afraid of the "Gods of Fate". If I said I would finish whatever by the end of the year, I feel that I would very shortly fall and break both of my arms. I had to correct the previous sentence. It sounded really weird when there was a "d" on the end of the word break.

julieQ said...

I am goin' to try!! You know why? Because I have THE VERY Same Ufo in your picture! The very same blocks!!

Magpie Sue said...

I like that idea to post a list of the *finished* UFO's rather than all the ones waiting for attention!

Myra said...

I love that block Finn! A must make in my future... 8-)
Does the quilt I finished today count? hehehehehe... devilish grin...
I'll answer my own question... NO!!! hehehehe...
From this point forward! Finn's Challenge!
Happy stitchings people! 8-)

Clare said...

I like the idea of listing the finished quilts in the side bar. Well finished as in what we think is finished.

BTW I've bound Crumbs!

McIrish Annie said...

Hi Finn! Here I am the Challenge Glutton! I can't pass on a challenge. someone throws the gauntlet and I have to pick it up. Just got back from the Jersey shore and i'm playing catch up.

I am jumping in for the New Year's Challenge. I have two really "well aged" quilts that I think I can finish before January 1 so add me to your list..

Love your blog's "makeover"!

Peggy said...

Hi Finn,
Revamping my blog I lost a lot of my blog links. Finally found yours again. Good to see you are busy as ever. Have a nice weekend

Cher said...

I like listing my finishes too! thanks for the feedback on the questions.

Narelle said...

Hi Finn,
I'd like to join your challenge to push myself into some finishes. I have two tops to complete, one wall hanging half quilted and a small quilt basted ready for quilting. So that's 4 finishes for me. I won't include projects that I already need to finish for swaps etc.

My August 31st post shows a green/pink quilt. This can be #1. Looking forward to the challenge. Thanks

The Calico Cat said...

I want to join in...