* If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.
* If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
* If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
* If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
* If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
* If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful ... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
* If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder ... you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.
* If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
*****This is one of the many things that "float" from email box to email box, encouraging you to send it along to your friends and acquaintances. I'm not sure who I could give credit to for writing it, as they seldom include that information. It feels "right" as something to think about as we celebrate our independence here in America next week. May all your trouble be small, and all your blessing be large *VBS* Hug a friend!
Zig Zagging in the Sewing Room
4 hours ago