Friday, September 10, 2010

If it's autumn....

or nearly so... that must be why I've got "orange" on my brain! Now what does that to us midwest dwellers? Maybe growing up with changing seasons. So many seasons, both changed and changing, behind me, as I look across the years. My vintage Orange Poppies quilt says it well, time to think "orange", and I am.
 Once orange creeps into my brain, it's just a hop and a skip to Halloween. I love October, with September running a hard second. One of my newer friends, Stephanie, at Scraps, has a countdown to Halloween on her blog. I think she's probably Halloween Queen of the Universe. I can hardly wait to see all her decorations this year!
 And what would Halloween be without a black cat. I'm all set in that department!! Ebby is black enough and spooky enough to fill the bill.
 
Baby L is a big boy now, a year later. I'm sure he doesn't remember the past Halloweens. This year, baby brother AJ will be sporting the Tigger costume. Probably L. will be Curious George...LOL, his favorite character. I have a Halloween quilt in the works, still in the flimsy stage, but I DO have time to "hatch" it all the way to "in use" vs. "in production". I have been sewing, and have a completely different top together. It's a "Tale of Two Containers", and when I get it pressed out, I'll show you, better late than never, right???
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Amelia said...

Such a cute little one....

My brain must be akin to yours...in thinking orange...we had a few cool days and was not nice...today we hitting close to 100 in actual temperature...and the heat index is over 100...so fall decorating has taken a back seat for a few days.

Clare said...

Dear Finn. I love the Orange Poppies. Always have done.

Take care of you.

Hugs
xxxx

Angie said...

What an adorable baby!! Nothing spooky about that little sweetie. :) I am coveting your orange poppy quilt---what a treasure!

Dolores said...

I'm glad to hear you've been busy. I would like to see it. Orange has never been a particular faviourite of mine and neither has red really but in small amounts it's OK. I do love your poppy quilt.

Chris Daly said...

Hi Finn, I love your poppy quilt. I've not seen that pattern before. Hope you are doing well!

Paula, the quilter said...

Those orange poppies are lovely. I'm thinking it is about time to put a bit heavier quilt on the bed: our nights have been in the 40s. There's a freeze warning out for tonight -- how about that!

AnnieO said...

I love orange! But I'm reluctant just now to put out fall things--I still want to enjoy summer :) Your little Tigger grandbaby is adorable.

julieQ said...

Love your orangey goodness!! What a darling Tigger there...

Stephanie D said...

I've not seen a poppy quilt before--I like it!

And, um, do you rent Ebby out? I don't want a cat on a permanent basis, but for a few days in October, one would sure come in handy! lol

Bought some more stuff for Halloween today--the ideas are starting to come together. Thanks for the mention, Finn!

That's the cutest little Tigger I've ever seen!

Purple Pam said...

What a cute Tigger! I love Halloween, too. I have some Halloween blocks in progress from our Camp Stitches event. Glad you are thinking "orange".

Barbara C said...

I love your poppy quilt: so cheerful and bright, and that baby is so cute I want to pinch his cheeks.

I'm glad to catch up with your posts. It's good to hear from you again.

Magpie Sue said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing your Halloween quilt. Gonna have to go check out Stephanie at Scraps, maybe get me a Halloween counter too! I need to make another Halloween quilt but have other projects in line first I'm afriad :-(

Greenmare said...

LOVE fall!!! I think living where we get to see and feel the seasons makes us appreciate them so much more. Fall is my favorite though, always has been.