Friday, November 05, 2010

Speaking of UFOs....

 
..and I do NOT mean MegaMind and his alien space craft, I'm adding a NEW element to our UFO challenge this year.
Chatting with some of you(via email)has confirmed that I'm not the only one who hopes to finish the pledged UFOs, but "extras". Over and above the "having way more than we can finish by NYE" extras. Remember I mentioned Julie had just accidently created two more UFOs while playing with bonus triangles? That's the sort of X-tras I'm adding to our challenge list. If you are doing additional projects, such as my 15-30 flannel pillowcases, but aren't counting them in your pledge, let me know! I'll be happy to list them under your name as "X-tras". *VBS* OK everybody, now get busy, 'cause you KNOW Michele will!!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Dang! I thought that was me that just went by in flames! Pedal to the metal and full speed ahead. That's my motto and I'm sticking to it.

And yes, when I first told you 10 projects, I stared at my 'sent'letter in disbelief. It's like committing on your driver's license to being 5lbs. less than you really are...and thinking you really will lose 5lbs by the time you get pulled over by the Quilt Police!

I said 10 projects and I am going to make 10. Extras??? My gosh woman, am I nuts? ;)

Julie in the Barn said...

Oh goodie. I'm part of the "Accidental Extras" club. I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my disability to stay focused.

Rose Marie said...

I have 3 and hope there are a few more than I can add to the finished list. We can DO it .... yes we can!!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Yes I'm doing 2 extras. Our son called and asked for a queen size quilt and a single quilt, along with pj's for 2 adults and 3 kids. YIKES!!

Sara said...

Yes, I create new UFOs all the time! The one I just "finished" [sending it on to Margaret's Hope Chest for them to quilt and hand out] was the result of leftover pieces from a quilt three years ago.

I have recently learned that when I am done with certain fabrics/blocks/strips, I need to immediately either put them into the Orphan Box, or cut them down into usable pieces and pack them away into the correct boxes. Then I am not compelled to start sewing them together into a little "something": right then.

Oh, Finn, put me down for a goal of FIVE completions before the New Year, and then mark one off right now. I'm going to count TWO top going to Margaret's Hope Chest as ONE finish. At least they are out of my house!

Scrappy quilter said...

Number 2 top is now finished. I'll pin it on the weekend along with #1 and quilt it early next week. Onto #3 top.

Scrappy quilter said...

I finished top #3 and #4. I quilted the day away. Except for meals, you could only find me in my sewing room. Now the pinning and quilting begins. Hopefully by the middle of next week I'll have 4 UFO's done.

Clare said...

Right - okay - deal. If Michelle manages to finish all those UFO's within the time scale, I promise I finish the Q4L quilts I've got piling up. Howzat!