Monday, May 09, 2011

Afterglow.....

is a rare commodity in my world, but it does happen and it wasn't at Prom. *VBS* I am still enjoying the warm fuzzies from a really excellent Mother's Day. Hope all of you are experiencing the same. I'm a little tired, but with an ear to ear smile on my face. I was up and ready to get busy at 7 a.m. Turns out, first order of business was to hustle and get the car in the garage, as thunderstorms with hail approached. An orange and some coffee and I was ready to SEW! A quick grab from an overloaded shelf in my sewing room turned this UFO into the project for the day! PLEASE, don't ask me how long ago I started this one! Yes, that bad!! Over the years I've worked on it, or tried, the hang up is that same old, "I don't like it". I keep putzing with the layout and the amount and the whole concept, but it never reaches the satification stage. So....
 today I put on my "ruthless" face. I am adding one more row of width, at the right of the picture. This IS the quilt that it will be! No borders, just done! And from the container it lived in, the "overflow" amounts to 9 9 patches and 5 stars, some blue, some red. I've made one more 9 patch and 5 more stars today. The overflow will become a second smaller quilt top. NEITHER will get finished into a quilt by me...watch out donation places....here it comes!! And I have another new empty container...let's celebrate!! I'm going to try for another tomorrow! 
Last but not least, my youngest grandson, who could be a poster child for American babies. AJ is turning one year old this week. The year has sped by and it's time for the classic baby in the high chair with cake pictures on Saturday...I can hardly wait! Wanna bet my grin lasts alllll week???
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

ana-ane said...

El bebé es precioso

Impera Magna said...

Oh, what a cutie pie your grandson is! Look at those dimples!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Afterglow, indeed!!!! I am so thrilled for you! And the red quilt is darling! Well, almost as the grandkid in the tub..can't wait for photo updates..cake on the face and all!

Scrappy quilter said...

I really like your quilt and your grandson is a little sweetie. Hugs

Wendy said...

The red stars are great, it must feel sooo good to get it finished.

jovaliquilts said...

Your donation quilts are just wonderful! Love how lively this one is. And your grandson -- adorable!!!

quiltmom anna said...

Finn,
That grandson of yours is one handsome dude- He looks like he is lots of fun - what a great grin.
Your star quilt is terrific -I love the red stars and the bits of yellow- They just add such zing to the quilt. Someone is going to love that quilt.
Thanks for sharing.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Mary said...

your grin truly should last all week. A truly gorgeous finish and a cutie with a grin that is 1000 watt.

Clare said...

The red quilt is gorgeous. If you want to donate it I know where you can send it VBS!

Grandson is a sweetie.

AnnieO said...

Love the Friendship Star quilt! It is so satisfying to empty those boxes :) Glad your MOther's Day was wonderful.

Adorable grandson--pinchable cheeks!

Magpie Sue said...

Even though you're tired of it and frustrated with it, that's one cheerful little quilt top you've put together. A fun wide border of a novelty print might be all it would take if you wanted to make it bigger. Someone will be pleased to finish it, I'm sure. :- )

Meanwhile, that's one cute grandson you've got there! What fun you're going to have on Saturday! I hope you have just as much fun between now and then.

Greenmare said...

you go ahead and grin like the cheshire cat lovely Finn! you deserve all the grins in the universe. I love your red stars!! love them!!

Your PBB said...

omg... LOVE the red stars too!!! you are a quilting MACHINE!

Stephanie D said...

What a cutie pie! No wonder you're grinning.