Sunday, May 22, 2011

And the rains came down....

and washed the spider out...Now where is that sun to dry up all this rain? Poor spider! Such is life, I guess. No waterspout climbing for me today. A quiet day of sewing is the order of business. These are some of the blocks from a "no pictures posting" post a couple of weeks back. The Boxy Stars are an old UFO, and getting them together empties another container! I'm pulling fabrics searching for the right lattice to set them.
 This block is one I'm making from 3.5" HSTs. I've always liked the look of it, and plan on making it queen size for my bed. Haven't done that for a long time, a big quilt I mean *S*.
 
Here's another possibility for 3.5" HSTs. I think it's called Envelope, but haven't taken time to look it up. With these being 6.5", I can work them into the Kitchen Sink beginnings I showed yesterday. I'll wait and see how it plays out. I think they would make a great quilt all by themselves...but another "begun"? I don't think so, LOL
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Great progress on the Boxy Stars. It's very colorful.

I've always like the Depression block and have made two quilts using it. Both are unique because of the accent colors I used - black on one and sand on the other.

Scrappy quilter said...

Finn I love the first block (the others too). Is there a pattern for that block or name that I can hunt up on the net. E-mail if there is. Hugs

AnnieO said...

Funny, I just downloaded and printed the Boxy Stars pattern last night, planning to use it to corral some of my stuffed scrap bins! Love your version.

I would call that envelope one Broken Dishes. So many blocks have different names for the same thing :)

Hope you do get a quilt for your own bed!

Mary said...

I really like your Boxy Stars. That should be a beautiful quilt when finished.

em's scrapbag said...

The Boxy Stars are fabulous. I love all your scrappy projects.

Stephanie D said...

I think my favorite is the Depression block, maybe because of it's obvious diagonal lines. I'll bet it's going to look great all put together.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I really liked the diagonal arrangement

Purple Pam said...

Your boxy stars are very colorful and bright. I love all your scrappy quilts. Keep smiling.

avaland said...

Love the Boxy Stars. Hope you finish it!

Magpie Sue said...

I know your Envelope block as Broken Dishes. I'm kind of with you in terms of the 3.5" squares and triangles but I do find ways to use them. It's the strips I cut ahead of time that are still hanging untouched! And after that very controlled quilt top I just made I think what I need is a good dose of scrappy blocks. :- )