Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On the road again...




...goin' back to where I've already been, and I'm telling you ... I'm on the road again. I have a new occupation, as if retirement didn't keep me busy enough, LOL. Ya right!


I'm off today to begin a week of house sitting for a friend of many years. It's not something I thought about doing, but they asked if I would stay at their house while they fly hither and yon all over the country. And I said "yes". The property is rural , and off the beaten track, which is lovely for bird watching and quiet solitude. I see lots of reading coming up soon, and prepared by getting 5 books from the library . I also have GRAND and glorious plans for getting some tops basted, and borders added to others. She has a lovely, large dining room table where you can lay things out...WITHOUT cat hair everywhere!


I will be popping back into town periodically this next week to check on Ebony and her litter box. Jean will pitch in and take up the slack while I'm gone. Of course I've been 'gone' so much these past months you probably wouldn't miss me...right? Well, that's why I'm telling you, I'll be MORE gone than usual...Happy springtime everyone! See you soon...

5 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

Hi Finn! this sounds like a great plan, I hope you enjoy it lots. Maybe a new profession for you, have sewing will travel.

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like a mini-quilt retreat! Enjoy!

Magpie Sue said...

Enjoy the books, the birds, and your progress on the quilts. Wish I could send you a couple of my tops that need basting! ;- )

Clare said...

I can hear the pleasure of this trip in your words. Hope you had a great time.

quiltmom anna said...

Finn,
I am sure that your friends will really appreciate the care that you take with their home. There is nothing like having someone come and care for your house that you know that you can trust. It makes going away on a holiday so much more relaxing. It sounds like a very restful place for you to go.
Have fun and happy reading and quilting.
Warmest regards,
Anna