Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday stuff....

I'm pretty sure it's not just me that finds Monday a challenge. Always seems if there is sticky wicket to be had, it going to be on a Monday. This Monday is C.O.L.D. here in my part of the Midwest. Altho it was about 7 degrees above this a.m., the wind took us down into the minus 11 degree range! Brrrr! Good day to stay inside and sew. I have mastered the picture part of my new computer. It's a bit more complicated than using Windows XP, but I'm getting the hang of it. Spoiler Alert here: These are NOT exciting quilt pictures, and most likely there won't be any really awesome or exciting quilt pictures from me. I'm a scrappy traditional quilt maker, and have never been good at the complicated or fancy stuff. I'm fine if you just want to skip over to other blogs that show those quilts. I like them too, but they aren't my reality. These days I'm thrilled to be able to press, cut scraps into simple shapes, and get them sewn together. Good enough for the grandkids is where it's at. They, as with babies, aren't likely to judge. The first picture is the top that resulted from orphan bits. I'm not fond of square quilts, but that's the number I had to work with. It's about 50" and will be donated. The 2nd top is one I've made completely since moving in here in May. I made up 63 of the double 9 patch blocks, thinking I'd do a snuggle size. When I got them joined up, I changed my mind, made more and with borders, will fit a grandchild's bed. With the new computer, I can tune in to Quiltville's Quilt Cam. Bonnie has become my new sewing companion. The computer is in my sewing room, since that's where the extra phone jack is, and it works great to have her sewing on my computer screen, right next to my machine, LOL! It definitely helps the "alone" aspect. She's having quilt-cam tonight, if you are a follower. See you then!

7 comments:

Angie said...

They are perfect, Finnie, and full of love. It delights me to think of you have Bonnie to sew with. :) Warmest of hugs to you on this cold cold night.

Scrappy quilter said...

I am not a fancy quilter either. I like them however I am totally scrappy. I love how they always turn out. Love yours. Hugs.

{Geo}Holly said...

I love your quilts. They are the best kind. :)

diane said...

Enjoy Bonnie Hunter as well. Glad you do too.
Scrap quilts are my favorite forever. I do make other kinds as well but prefer scrap quilts any day of the week.
Stay warm and cuddle up.

Tricia said...

Simple and scrappy is fine with me! I love the quilts you create--so please keep posting them!

Chris said...

I'm in awe of what you have accomplished! Figuring out Windows 8.1 is no mean task. I love the two quilts. I hope you get to tackle some of your complicated orphan quilts. I'd love to see a step by step demonstration of how you make all the parts work together.

Cher said...

welcome back to blogland Finn! I took a break from checking and what a delight to find you back online. So many, many changes my friend. Kudos for getting the hang of Windows 8.1...as always your scrap quilts are wonderful. big hugs Cher