Friday, March 03, 2006

A Tale of Two Eyes...the long and the short of it- The visit to the "eye guy" wasn't too bad. He still thinks he's funny, as only young drs can...yawn! But he pronounced my right eye healthy..which is excellent news after a month. The steroid drops will continue, a precaution against rejecting the cornea which never goes away. Regarding the left eye, which is still bloody, weeping and itches, he thinks a virus infection..but on it's way out. Two weeks ago when I asked about the symptoms in the left eye, he said "it's fine"....but of course, it wasn't. So much for young drs.. Anyway, contining antibotics by mouth, and steroids drops. All I need to do now is change my glasses to accommidate the damage to the right cornea...yah!!!!! My deepest thanks to all of you who have helped me through this...Hugs, Finn

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

{{{{Finn}}}}SO glad to hear that the eye situation seems to be heading in the right direction!!!
Jeanne

Peggy said...

Glad to hear you have one good eye and the other on its way! My grandkids are suppose to send me a photo of the work they have done on their quilt squares. I am anxious to see if they did better after leaving grandma's as I am not a good teacher. LOL Everytime they talk about their sewing project with me I think of you. take care.

Laurie said...

HUGS to you Finn! Great news on the right eye!

Your quilts are GORGEOUS too!!! Love that Delectable Mountain quilt! STUNNING!!!!

Hugs
Laurie

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad to hear that your right eye is fine...and one left to go. It doesn't sound like you have much confidence in your young doc. but, I'm sure he knows what he's doing. And I'm sure that you really like him too.

Patty said...

All Doctors "practice" medicine on us and young ones need a bit more "practice" before they know what they are doing

Cher said...

woohoo! great news Finn-happy dancing (can you see me?) for ya!
ok..I am really bouncing up and down in my chair...but that's dancing for now :-)

Unknown said...

{{{FINN}}}
I am so glad that your eyes appear to be on the mend.
Humor might be something young doctors learn. We have a young (70 years old) friend in the hospital and he is having a ball telling the younguns old Navy jokes. And we all laugh because this time last week, he was not expected to live. Thank God for the WAY young doc who did the open heart surgery.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I'm so glad that thins are getting better! I know you have struggled with this, and I honestly don't know how I'd cope either if my vision were there one day, gone the next.....I hope things get better all the way soon!

Bonnie

Darcie said...

Lifting my coffee mug...here's to continued health of you and your eyes!

Maybe Doc is flirting with you, Finn!

Tanya said...

Great news about your good eye. Here's hoping the other is just as good soon :)

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh Finn that's great news about your eyes. Well, not the bloody, itching part, but that's good news. Laughing still about the young doctor issues. I am convinced the joking is to cover up their nervousness! Just think of him sitting there naked and that should help :)