Sunday, April 30, 2006


The close up. Quite often when I'm sewing, especially when I'm joining up the rows and it's straight long seams, I think about things. Maverick is one of the things I think about. It has a lot of meaning, and I've never been really sure how it applies to me. I'm not sure if it's something that you do that is conscious, or maybe a way of looking at things. Or both. Or maybe it is that you just "do your thing" and don't worry or really care too much about all the people that don't like it. I think I realized today that my use of "lights" probably is enough to qualify me...LOL. Be honest now, could you put together these weird combinations of "lights" and be happy with your quilt? I keep doing it, so it must be that it works for me...*G* Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Patti said...

Doesn't look at all weird to me! Something is "light" mainly because what's around it is "darker". I'm doing pairs of 2" squares for my leader-enders right now - one light and one dark. If you think your lights are different you should see mine! I think the top looks fabulous!

Judy said...

If it's lighter than the darker triangle then it qualifies as LIGHT.

I have one very brown tan that I use as dark and light. If it's with navy...it's a very dark light. If I place it with a pale tan...then it's the dark!

I think your quilt is fabulous!eezeaa

Cher said...

I think our ideas of light and dark pretty much go along...as everyone has said, it's compared to what it's next to that makes it work.

Tonya Ricucci said...

That you should even question your Maverickness astounds me. You're one of the most Maverick quilters I know. You just do your own thing with wonderful results. Esp the MAM and orphan quilts. The daffodils looking gorgeous and sunny and you're making my mouth water - mmm, fresh baked bread.

Maggie Ann said...

I don't know but I love the detail...those little coke bottles caught my eye in a jiffy.