Sunday, April 30, 2006


I've had this top together for awhile now, but today it got borders. It's heading off to become a Wrap Them in Love quilt. As you probably can tell, I don't plan my scrap quilts, especially not this kind. I make up 4.5" pairs of HST and then decide what I will do with them. This Broken Dishes pattern is a personal favorite. Unplanned, you never know what you'll get til it's together. It's 40" X 60" and any stars you might be seeing are accidental...*S* Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

ForestJane said...

I like it!

Is it for a gift, for a table covering, (or TV) or wallhanging?

Linda C said...

Very nice!! Quite colorful and no one does scrappy better than YOU!

The Calico Cat said...

love the blue "plaid" border...

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The variety in your fabric stash is truly amazing - and always some "fun" little piece peeking out - like the Goldbug in Richard Scary books. Once you get used to the fact that the Goldbug is hidden somewhere on every page - you look for him! That is how your quilts are to me - I am always looking for the Goldbug!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Lily Mulholland said...

Well I must have been in an accident because I'm seeing lots of stars!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It looks so great! Perfect for a wrap them in love quilt!

The borders really finish it off nicely too!
Bonnie

Darcie said...

Love your HST "Wrap Them In Love" quilt, Finn! That border fabric is sure fun...looks pieced!

Maggie Ann said...

What a novel name...broken dishs..thats sounds like fun! I was in a quilt store down south that was quite a wonderful experience...they had thier fat quarters on sale and I had a field day....vbg.

Jeanne said...

This kind of mixed-up light and dark scrappiness is my favorite quilt "look."
Jeanne

Helen in the UK said...

I like that scrappy Broken Dishes. It is so simple, but so effective. I might give that one a try with some of my nickels :)