Tuesday, April 25, 2006


Late Sunday, Linda, over at http://catsnqlts2.blogspot.com posted this block that she had come up with for her Bama Belles group. And for me, a new block pattern is like you baking cookies...do you REALLY think I'm going be happy with just the smell??? *VBG* SO here is what you need for one block...following my "take" on the directions. You need four 4 patches made from 2.5" squares. You also need 4 strips(for top and bottom)that are 2.5" X 4.5". To those you sew and flip a 2.5" square to get a triangle point. And you then need four 6.5" strips, with the same sew and flip squares to form the right and left sides of the block. So...24 2.5" squares, and 8 strips, 4 of each length. And then sew, sew sew. Please hop over to Linda's blog and check out the drawing she posted...maybe by now she's got blocks posted also...*VBS* She does such great work and lots of it is for the Wrap Them In Love quilts campaign. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, I like this one too. I think i've seen this somewhere or maybe something similar. That block looks great for a baby or kids quilt. Fun prints and soothing pastels.

Ann said...

I loved your comparing the smell of cookies to a new quilt block! That so describes the feeling I get, too! And this blog stuff is addictive as well! Thanks for checking out mine. I added more flower pictures today, and hopefully, will have a couple of quilts done by this time next week to post!

Laurie said...

Finn,
You have been a VERY BUSY quilter!!! Awesome work!
Hugs
Laurie

Quiltgranny said...

Yum, yum, yum!

Lily Mulholland said...

I love the little lion. Very cute!