Sunday, May 28, 2006


In my opinon, what really makes this 9 patch work, is the fabric I used for the setting blocks. It's the kind that drives us crazy, as it is directional. I happened upon a bolt of it at Knit-Kits in Mpls, MN, while buying fabric for my shop. It was in their "clearance" section, and I fell in love with it on sight. Now you have to remember that this was the early 1990's, and what was "hot" was Debbie Mumm, and Hoffman florals. The whole reproduction craze was barely lukewarm..believe it or not, I actually got the bolt for $1.88 a yard. A real steal! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

dot said...

I like this fabrice also. It is fun to find a good sale but then there is never enough to last forever. I certainly goes well with the nine patch.

Ann said...

This fabric is great. But, all good things do seem to come to an end eventually! Glad the quilt came "home" to you. I'm sure it was a happy reunion! And your daughter is extra special for letting you have it back. Aren't daughters wonderful? I'm especially pleased with mine right now. ;)

Judy said...

It's actually alot like a fabric that's out now..or was a few months ago...I just can't remember what it was. I want to say the Little Women line that revolves around jo and the three sisters in little women. It a beautiful pattern. I love directionals..a little more work but well worth it!

Lily Mulholland said...

I love how you quilted the curvy lines across the red fabric to continue the effect. It looks great! Love the colour combo actually :)

Lucy said...

Very lovely fabric. it is so my taste too :c)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh you are so right - this fabric is AWESOME! And I just love those colors in the 9-patches!