Sunday, May 28, 2006


Tribute to Laura, my Laura Ingalls Wilder quilt. I know you have seen it before..*S* But I'm here to say it has been away, gone on a trip that lasted 4 years. When I sold my house, this bedroom set(from my marriage) stayed with the house. The kids buying the house requested that I leave some of the furniture, and I did. A queen size bed, 2 night stands, a tallboy dresser and one with a mirror. That's alot of bedroom furniture to take into a senior apartment. Since I no longer needed the queen size quilt, my DD#1 took it home with her. But now I have a new queen size bed(still no headboard tho) and she brought my beloved Laura quilt back to me. For you Prim gals, I'm not sure if this is Prim, but it definitely inplies vintage in my opinion. I'm not sure if this could have been made back in Laura Ingalls time, but I'd like to think so..*S* Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Cher said...

how wonderful you have this quilt back and can enjoy it once more!

Unknown said...

so simple - but so nice :o)

ForestJane said...

Sometimes I think that quilts that travel should have a special label for the back... above the Made By label, and stating the events in it's history. ESPECIALLY if it's a quilt that's been loved and used on a bed. :)

dot said...

I certainly would want this quilt back also. It is beautiful. One of those quilts that just invites you to bed, it looks so comfy.

Carolyn said...

Finn, it's beautiful. You have a way of putting colors together when working with simple patterns that is wonderful. Enjoy it now that it is back with you!

Carolyn

Hunter said...

What a page full of great posts. I wanted to say "Hi." I'm going to go read all the text again and really study all the pics.

I love the tiny stitches and piecing material together to get a 3-inch square. That kind of stuff inspires me to keep thinking "out of the box" and look for unique solutions.

Thanks for sharing. I would have loved to stop by your shop and stay for hours. There's nothing like working for yourself to find out what work is really like, is there?

Hugs.
Darilyn

Patty said...

oh so pretty, love the fabrics. Great story too

Bonnie said...

How great to get your quilt back. It looks just like an antique quilt. The colors look authentic too. I like "forestjane"'s idea about another label for the travels of the quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm sure Laura would have loved it too. Glad you have it back again. I remember that wavy vine fabric - I just wished they'd made it in some brighter colors as well as the muted ones.

I remember those years. Not just Hoffman florals, but florals with all that gold outlining - bleck.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That is so nice that your DD brought it back to you for your new bed and you get to enjoy the quilt once again. It is very beautiful.

Jeanne said...

How wonderful that it's HOME again ...
Yes, it looks just like a Laura/North Woods/homestead oldie!
Jeanne :)

Judy said...

One of the oldies but never lost it's style. The older more traditional quilt patterns are really the best aren't they?

Paula, the quilter said...

The 9-patch is really one of my favorite quilts. I wonder why I make them and then give them away? I don't have a 9-patch. Hmmmmm....

Lucy said...

Ilove it all the bed the quilt everything!! And I am also a big fan of The little hosue of the prairie !!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love your Laura quilt! And I think I do remember looking at it before. I love the colors and just the simplicity of it!