Thursday, June 01, 2006


The day spent coaching DD#1 was a very nice way to spend the anniversary of my wedding. We had a great lunch, a nice sunny, breezy day for planting, a Dairy Queen treat in the afternoon, and steak for supper. This is my very dear daugher, digging in dirt. She's a girly girl...which her mom isn't... and do note the garden gloves to keep the fingernails perfect and not chip the paint...LOL It's quite amazing to me, that this child who hasn't played in the dirt since she was 3 or 4, now is into gardening and camping as she approaches 40. She's a Virgo, and you can see all the plant pots in nice straight lines...LOL It was a really great way to spend May 30th...and ironically, her house is a block down the street from the church where I got married 47 years before...does the Universe have a sense of humor or what???? LOL.... Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cher said...

It was a perfect day for planting here too..I spent much of my day doing the same-digging in the dirt-and I wear gloves too though my nails are not pretty. How fun!!!

Linda C said...

I hate encountering the worms and slimy things when digging in the dirt. I enjoy having the flowers but not the work to get them. Good for Steph though if she is having fun grubbing around out there.

Quilts And Pieces said...

What a fun day! And Dairy Queen and Steak! Mmmmm!

Peggy said...

what a wonderful daughter you raised!

Patty said...

how fun ! Your daughter is a wise soul too. WOnder where she got that : )
Gloves and nail polish must have come from the other side of the family though

Lily Mulholland said...

Finn you are a character! Daughters can surprise their mums you know :) My mum can scarcely believe I sew. I was hopeless as a teenager and showed absolutely no interest in my 20s and early 30s. Zip, zero, zilch. But she's now not-so-secretly very proud of me :) As you are of your daughter. Sounds like you had a very lovely time together.

Big hug to you.

Darcie said...

What a special day you and your daughter shared. She sounds like a dear...just like her Mom!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Some children are just so thoughtful and know exactly how to comfort and distract. Your DD is a real jewel.

DD is so organized in her garden, laying the pots in a row. I like her garden stool...I just bought myself one very similar, but it has a storage compartment for my hand tools under the seat.

ForestJane said...

So are the two of you growing veggies and edibles or flowers?

I tend to only put stuff in that will be around for years to come, I hate putting in the same thing every year.