Friday, June 30, 2006




The sky is falling, the sky is falling....*G*..no, not really. I'm sharing an orphan block today. This is Matilda McCluck, and she is heading off to North Carolina to lend a helping hand to a very good friend. Just think how many bugs she'll catch ! One of the things I'm learning gradually, is that stripped fabric doesn't photo worth a darn. You get that weird sense of movement. Anyway, one photo is with Dell's Quik Fix and the other is without. The darker one is "fixed". I'm thrilled to have one of my orphans headed out into the big, big world...*VBS*

12 comments:

Judy said...

I notice that my pics always look yellow in my sewing room and when I use Picasa it takes all the orangy-yellow out of them,

Cool chicky!

Katie said...

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to NC, of course.
Digital cameras also hate gold and moving water. At least mine does. I call them my "art" pics.

Peggy said...

Thanks Finn! It will eventually end up in a quilt going to a dear friend who lost her husband a week ago. Its perfect for a homesteader and I know she will love it. You are a dear friend to make this for me to pass on.

quiltpixie said...

what a fun chicken... ope it gets lots of hen scratch along the way

Laurie said...

Finn,
You have been a VERY BUSY GIRL!!! Love the cracker blocks!!! ;o)
Hugs
Laurie

Jeanne said...

Hidey-ho! I'm waaay behind with reading as usual ...
This chicken is great -- folk art for sure!!!
Quit showing me cute stuff -- you see what happened with the scrap blocks :)
Hugs - Jeanne

Darcie said...

The fabric that you used is PERFECT, Finn! Love it!

Lily Mulholland said...

He's very cute :) Glad he's found a nice home Finn :)

ForestJane said...

And here I thought you were being so clever doing a chicken on green stripe background fabric, and an almost identical one on gold stripe... lol

Cher said...

what a sweet chicken- love it Finn!

Genuine Lustre said...

I love the chicken. I'm not a quilter, but I think it would make an adorable applique on an apron or a potholder.

The Calico Cat said...

cluck, cluck - your chicken feathers fabric is my cat fur fabric!