Thursday, July 13, 2006

Happy One Year Anniversary Finn! One year ago today, I followed Bonnie and Tonya into blogger-land. I say Blogger, because there are many other "blog" formats out there. I like Blogger just fine! Well, I've been a pretty good Finn for 6 months. But Betsy was pretty worried about me...no fiber???? You'd think it ranked right up there with my ongoing eyes situation...LOL. She swooped in yesterday and took me away to a small college town near here, River Falls, WI. They have a really neat, quite small quilt shop. She went to pick up stuff for her pool, but made sure it was a day that Tina's was open. I figured it was o.k. to pick up a few FQ's for the upcoming Civil War quilt. You probably know me well enough, by now, to know that I DON'T shop for fabric with a specific quilt in mind. That's a whole new ball game for me..*G* I have things that will work in my stash, but of course, I need more. It is a sampler, and that means LOTS of fabrics..*VBS* The ones above are quarter yards, and the tea dyed type small calico is a yard cut. I don't expect to keep the background the same in all my blocks, but in a few, to tie things together. I don't shop by "names" as a rule, and was quite pleased this morning to see that several of them do say something referring to "old". The fabrics below are ones that I want, but they don't look good next to the ones above..LOL And it was our lucky day! Tina's FQ's were .75 each and several of the fabrics were on sale at $2- and $3.50 a yard...amazing! We were both good and only bought a reasonable amount. And even tho some were cut from the bolt(the two greens and the brown($8.50 a yd) she wrote them down as .75 a quarter yard,like the FQ sale. She's a great gal!!! I didn't damage my diet too much..*S*

25 comments:

Linda C said...

Great way to celebrate your one year mark of blogging! Good of Betsy to insist that you come shopping with her.

McIrish Annie said...

finn, civil war repro fabric is one of my favs. you are getting me a little excited about doing a little sampler too. if you keep it up, i might even start thinking about hand quilting it!!!

congrats on your 1 year. I must admit blogging is a good way to clear some space in the old noggin!

Joyce said...

Great fabrics. I have to check when my anniversary is . I can't even remember when I started. It is great fun and I don't know what I did before blogging and quilting came into my life.

dot said...

Happy Anniversary Finn. Looks like you got yourself a great present. Nice fabric.

Melanie said...

Pretty fabric... get to cutting!!!
Melanie

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! My 1 year was a few weeks ago but since I really didn't start posting more than a once-a-month-ramble until November I consider that to be my real anniversary.

PS - pretty fabrics. :-)

Laura said...

Well Happy Anniversary Finn! Love the fabric you purchased, what a lovely gift to yourself and what a great friend you have in Betsy!

quiltpixie said...

splurging and living are necessary on a diet... its about moderation and not splurging every day! :-) You've made wise chooses it looks like

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, those are great prices. I'm moving to Wisconsin!

Fiona said...

Happy anniversary to you - just think of all the people that have read your words and looked at your pics during that time. And what fabric bargains, who could resist?

Judy said...

First let me tell you that the line I was talking about the other day is called Lancaster and it's by Marcus Brothers. That's the one with all the brick reds and chrome yellow colors.

Now...Yippee! Happy One Year Bloggaversary!! I like the selection really well and nothing looks dull or muddy!! Great choices!

Katie said...

Oh these look wonderful. So much fun to think and plan your quilt. And shopping too. Only a year? Doesn't it seem like you have been blogging forever. Thanks so much for all the encouragement you have given me and so many others. Very Big Hug!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary Finn! It's good that Betsy insisted you go shopping with her, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten yourself the pretty yardage.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, there's a few of those fabrics that would look very nice on my stash shelf :-) Happy bloggyanniversary!

Juliann in WA said...

beautiful fabrics - happy anniversary!

Darcie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, FINN!!! So glad you're a blogger and so glad that I can call you "Friend!"

What a fun time for the two of you! Friends don't let friends go without fiber for long! ;-)

Gosh...I think my anniversary should be coming up too fairly soon. How do I find it?

Unknown said...

Happy Blog-o-versary! Keep up the good work!

Cher said...

oh my...you have been so busy! love the posts with the bears and quilts...and big hurray! for finishing ...shopping...and new books...oh my...I think you must be one happy woman. so glad you became a blogger and crossed my path.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hurrah for you, your blog, fabric sales, and Betsy.

Susan Tidwell said...

Happy blogversary!

Quilts And Pieces said...

mmm Finn!! those 2 on the right in the bottom picture are so wonderful! Well they are all wonderful - but those 2 would be ones I would use for tons of things - good picking! You know what, they will all go together better than you think once you get started!

Oh and happy anniversary!

Eileen said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, and thank you for the glimpses into your life.

ForestJane said...

Happy bloggerversary, Finn!

I like the forest green on the far right side, myself. :) Someday, I want to make a quilt with nothing but forest green, and all shades of cream to brown.

Maggie Ann said...

Isn't it the best fun in the world to find those 'special' somethings! And better yet, you have the talent and get-go to make some beautiful quilts out of your 'fun money'. I love seeing what you make.

Tazzie said...

Happy anniversary on your blog Finn! I love reading your adventures, so may there be many many more anniversaries!

That fabric looks wonderful, right up my alley!

*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)