Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My brain is tired and my paws are sticky...don't just stand there, help me eat this watermelon..it's July you know, and the livin' is easy and sweet. I've of a mind to just say "oh bother" about all of it and go for a nice slow amble...getting lost along the way. I've heard tales(or was it tails) of these three older relatives of mine...who wandered into a clearing in the forest and found a cottage with food on the table and comforable chairs, and even beds...in different sizes. I've often wondered about that....if it were true or not. And if, in deed, they were chased off the property by some little blond girl? Or if that was just a rumor. It does tend to make young bears sit and have a think about it. Best not be rushing into things.
Mostly we just amble. That's kind of like wandering or rambling, but with no destination in mind. Bears amble better than anyone, I've been told. The human who uses this chair and puter seems to be out of town today, or tonight...it's hard to tell. There was open displaying of tiredness, a bit crankly, and "ok...enough of this already" concerning some family "stuff". I think she likes it best when things are low key and off in the distance. Not up close and getting personal! If she were the bear, I think she might just have taken a swipe at one of those young cubs!! Or maybe it was just the way the sun was reflecting off her glasses. Probably wasn't really fire in her eyes...right???? I've heard some words lately that I'm not familiar with. Like prima donna and cinderella complex..... I have NO idea what that means...maybe it's a new musical group or movie... do ya think?
For now, I will just let my poor tiny bear brain rest, finish up this watermelon and then lick my sticky paws....you're welcome to join me....*beary big grin*

6 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

Sounds like a good time for an amble or even an early hibernation! The watermelon is known for its medicinal qualities, good for what ails ya!

Nice to meet you little bear, hope to see your human friend soon.

McIrish Annie said...

Pass the watermelon and when we are done let's go ambling with your little bear friend!!! Leave the human cubs behind for awhile. I don't have a cinderella but I do have a Little lord fauntleroy who causes strange words and fire to erupt from Mama Bear

BIG BEAR HUGS TO YOU FINN!!!

Judy said...

I think cubs can use a big ole' paw swatt every now and again..keeps them in line and under control. But mostly out of our hair!

Keep the house clean while you are there alone and NO sticky paws on the furniture! Watermelon...YUCK!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I LOVE WATERMELON and I would help you lick your sticky little paws. *S*

I think I need to come over and take you for a little ride...that would surely get your mind off whatever is bothering you.

Big Bear Hugs to you dear friend,
Sandy :)

Cher said...

belated bear hugs Finn...love the story style...we all can use a break from family members at times..

Maggie Ann said...

This bear that I am loves things to be low key and very off in the distance. But...aren't we the counsellers every now & then..love wears many hats, thankfully there are good books waiting in the wings to relax with. We have just a touch of stomach virus here. Thats why I am home. My cello calls...may your Monday be fair sailing...=)