Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Frankie...











from last summer. Here he is, taped to my closet door. Poor Frankie...he lanquishes in the pile of the un-finished, un-loved and un-inspired. Since last summer I have most of Frankie quilted. But I drag my heels everytime I even think of "picking him up"..he's a red herring in my basket. What did he do wrong? Nothing..silly old bear followed the directions. Which included using fusible web for his hair, ear knobs, hands, ankles, and shirt(in the V neck). Also the bat and the stars are fused. Is anybody good at stitching through that stuff??? Mine isn't staying "down" nicely, so I began by buttonholing around his hands and ankles. Now I almost have to do it around his head. And so it goes..I avoid Frankie. But I have nothing else basted to quilt on...oh my!!

In the "I am missing" department. Yesterday was a vision test(locally) for new glasses. In my case it takes about 1.5 hrs to test my vision. He really fine tunes it for every fraction of a level he can get. And I appreciate it. But you leave feeling like you ran a marathon.
Today I pushed myself out the door to lunch with friends. It was fun.
I called to set up the arrangements for the "contract" to get the dental work done...at least the low end, which is still about $3,000. Once I have the contract, the first thing is to pull the abscess tooth. That requires a stint of antibotics because of the knee replacement. So I got that taken care of. The dentist has a cancellation tomorrow a.m. at 9, so don't look for me here in the morning. Nor in the afternoon because I have a followup with my family dr. regarding medication changes and additions.
Once the tooth is dealt with, and I have the MRI behind me, the pain dr. can begin to treat my backpain.
It all gets to be "abit" much...LOL...like a WHOLE BIT too much.
One appointment per month other than a haircut is just about right...LOL
I just ran into town to pick up the new antibotic, since I re-acted to the penicillin last week. Hope there is no reaction to this one, or the pulling of the tooth will have to wait. I just took the first pill, so far so good.

I've been crocheting on my fabric rug in the evenings, and sewed up abit of strips for that this afternoon. And made a few purple 9 patches for a kids quilt..not much, but something. I'm already flunking the quilt that Judy is doing for you stash girls, and I'm behind on the one with Tonya...sorry! I'm hoping to catch up once I get Thursday's 2 appointments behind me. In the meantime, hugs for you all, anybody who needs one..*VBS* Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Love Frankie! If you plug away a little at a time with him he can be ready by Halloween!!

Gail said...

I hope that you get done what needs doing and feel better quickly. What a bummer! Sometimes you just feel like the doctors should pay you some sort of fee for being such a pin cushion!

Melanie said...

I love Frank N. Stein!!!! I'm with Laurie, get him ready for Halloween. Amidst all of the medical mayhem--how about that Wisconsin weather.... It's been pretty nice, yeah?!?!? I can't wait to see your finished rug.
Take Care (are you a Packer fan?)

Melanie

Katie said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs to you, my friend. Take what time your body tells you to. We'll be waiting.

Joanne said...

I hope you can get through all these appointments with a lot less fuss and muss and get back to feeling good soon.
I have had the problem with the fusible many times -- one reason I prefer to needleturn and it sure is hard to put a needle through that fusible stuff!

quiltpixie said...

fusable applique is hard to get inspired about quilting isn't it. I love the shapes you can get and the ease of using it, but like you I struggle then with the quilting as the layers are somehow too stiff or at least "not right".... Hope you stick with it though as he's a very handsome fellow. :-)

hope the appointments go well.

Joyce said...

Good luck with all your appointments. It can be a drag to have so many I'm sure. Maybe you could machine quilt Frankie. THat would save the problems with the fusing.

Libby said...

Frankie is adorable. A little bit here and there and he'll be ready for his Halloween 2006 debut.
I hope all the appointments finish up effortlessly and painlessly as possible. I'm with you when it comes to a busy schedule. I like to live a less regimented more free-spirited day. Here's some big hugs for you -- will be waiting right here when you get back. *s*
Libby

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think YOU and Frankie both need
{{{BIG BIG HUGS}}}.

I thought Frankie was a cute little bird, but I read your comments above and is that right...he's Frankenstein?

ForestJane said...

And a huge (((HUG))) for you, but gently, for your back. :)

May all of your appointments go better than you think they will!

Andrea said...

Frankie looks perfect for Halloween, like a window thing :)

Ouch about 1.5 hours for the eyes. And about all that dental work you need done!

How do you use the buttonhole feature on the machine? I tried using mine to try to do applique and the fabric doesn't move!

I'll have to try and find out what Tonya is doing :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh take care Finn. I love Frankie! When I use fusible I just buttonhole by machine, I hate doing it by hand. He is adorable!

Judy said...

Okay I have a stupid question...you have to have a contract?? for the dental work? Can't they just start doing stuff and if you get tired you stop for a few months or keep going? Huh? I am seriously dumb about dental stuff I guess.

Frankie deserves some attention. Com on and pick him up. He's lonely!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Finn, so sorry about all the pain and fuss. Hope they get you fixed up and happily sewing in no time. Sorry Frankie is such a pest - stinking fusibles - but he's going to look great when you're finished.

Tazzie said...

I hope all your appointments go okay Finn, I'm sending *huge hugs* your way. Your rug sounds wonderful, I don't really know anything about rag rugs, so please promise to send us some pictures when you're done!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Susan Tidwell said...

Are those doctors still 'practicing' on you? Hopefully they will get you up and running again soon!

Will be thinking of you.

Melzie said...

((Finn)) I hope you get everything done super quick and feel better! I miss you posting :) xoxo melzie

Nancy said...

Poor Frankie. Sitting there so forlorn and unloved! But I hate hand stitching thru fusible too so I understand why he's become a burden.

((((Hugs)))) to you. I sure hope you get your health problems worked out soon and they find out what's causing your pain and get you some relief from it.

Tracey said...

Oh dear Finn. I know all too well what you're having to do through with TOO MANY DR'S APPOINTMENTS!! *sigh* Hang in there my friend.
(((HUGS)))

Linda C said...

sure sounds like they are all ganging up on you lately--about to give a girl a complex or something?