Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Piece from my scrapbag...





a vintage scrap of child or baby print fabric. The background is darker than the picture shows. Really the pepto-bismal pink of the 1930's. It's so cute with the little one napping and toddler with the sand pail.
This one is closely woven, for sure NOT a feedsack. I suppose it could have been a flour sack, they were smaller(for 25 pounds of flour) and better material. I only have a few of those. One still in it's sack form.
I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms...no sewing at all this week. Time to change that. Company on Friday and more yesterday. I'm ready for some quiet time. Seems like most that are taking part in the Fabric Diet are doing well. So far, so good for me. I tore more strips for my crocheted rug last evening and got a couple more rounds done on that one while watching The Notebook. I had read it as book, way back when, but I did enjoy the movie. OK...now I'm off to the sewing room for sure...*VBS* Happy Sunday everyone! Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Darcie said...

Hope you're able to get some self-sewing done today, Finn!

This fabric is certainly adorable. You have quite the assortment...from bubble girl (who reminded me of "I Love Lucy" by the way...now to baby girl! ;-)

Have a pleasant Sunday!

quiltpixie said...

what a range in vintage fabrics you've collected.... whatever are you going to make with all of them? :-)

Katie said...

After the break, you'll be sewing with a vengeance. Enjoy!

Cher said...

hope you are able to balance the pain and the meds for it so you do get to get in some sewing! gosh, sorry to hear it's been worse, but, not unexpected after being poked and prodded in the process of trying to figure it out...napping a lot is not all bad. take care of yourself.

Libby said...

Hope you get some "Finn" time today. A little sewing, a little napping, maybe even a little snacking *s* It's always good to remember to look after yourself. Love the vintage fabrics.

Kim West said...

here's hopeing that you get to get some good time in sewing. I know I get very cranky when I can't fondle my fabrics and have some time in the "sewing room"

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hope you get some needed sewing done so that you'll get rid of those nasty withdrawal symptoms. *LOL*

I saw the movie The Notebook, but I bet the book was much better...they always are.

Loved the piece from your old scrapbag.

Joanne said...

Love the fabric -- makes you want to cuddle those babies. Glad you're back to sewing!

ForestJane said...

*wonders*

Are you making something with all these pieces as you show them to us? I love seeing all the different prints. :)

Patty said...

what sweet fabric.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that is an adorable print! You need to do something very special with that one - it is way cute!

Lily Mulholland said...

Ha so very cute!

No sewing here for weeks - note the s on the end of week!

Withdrawal symptoms here too. Must get onto that!

Judy said...

So what did ya sew??? Love these older fabrics! Too cute!

The colors tof the days were the turkey red, acid green and that pepto pink!! But the quilts were just stunning!

Eileen said...

The fabrics are adorable. Hope you can get some sewing done.
Is it fibromyalgia?