Friday, September 22, 2006

Basting with Betsy....

a really great thing to do on a rainy Friday in September. It's our second rainy day in a
row this week, with two more coming for the weekend. I've been plugging along with the quilting on "Frankie", my last years Halloween quilt. Frankly I'm tired of Frank, Frankie and Frankenstein!
His colors are fun, but his "fused" parts aren't. I was up and had lunch with my good friend on Wednesday, and we talked about getting something basted for me to quilt. It's that time of year. This is a rather elderly 9 patch Star. I think the 9 patches from 3 or 3.5" squares made 3, almost 4 quilts. I did the 9 patch Star that I showed awhile back(keyboard lattice) and the 9 patches and Country Bears I sent down to Linda J. She or Cher, can't remember which, got the leftover blocks...14 or 15. I had thought about donating this top, also, but I seem to have had a little mouse the corner telling me one of my grandsons could use a new snuggle quilt...*VBS* He's the middle child for both his Dad(my son) and his mom(my former DIL). He's bright and beautiful and full of love, but gets outshone by the older and younger brother. I'm hoping this quilt will be special enough to him to make his snuggles happier...*S* P.S. Betsy isn't that short, she bastes sitting in her computer chair...LOL Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Fiona said...

Looks like an ideal quilt for a little boy - not too girly but bright and cheerful.

Susan Tidwell said...

Another great quilt picture! And what a great friend you have in Betsy to help you baste. Lucky grandson!

Shelina said...

Looks like a fun quilt, and great that you have someone who helps you baste.

Linda C said...

That quilt is going right where it should be going--to the grandson who needs an extra hug or two. Really cute and dresses up a nine patch in a lovely manner.

Good to meet your pal Betsy--any basting is tedious and the load made lighter by doing it with friends.

Libby said...

Looks like the perfect quilt for a grandson that needs a cuddle *s* How nice to have some rainy days. Today is overcast and a little windy. It gives the impression of a cool day. I have some yummy smelling candles burning and the sliding glass door open wide. Fall in southern CA.

Lois R. said...

What a lucky grandson! And what a pretty quilt.

Unknown said...

A perfect quilt for a little chap - love the fun sashing fabric - an ideal rainy day activity: basting and chatting with a good friend - I bet the hours flew by

Texan said...

Finn, the quilt is so pretty,, and will be great for snuggling...and how wonderful your have a friend to quilt with!!

Tazzie said...

Such a lovely quilt, your grandson will definitely love it. What a wonderful friend to help you baste it! Looks like a Sister's Choice block, I've made one or two of those before ... actually more than 100! I love the colours in yours, so vibrant!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Cher said...

how nice to put a face with Betsy's name-and nothing beats hand quilting on a dreary rainy day. Warms your lap and your heart to work on it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

So you have a fun frame for your basting! Very cool. I hate the basting part!

Judy said...

I think it's going to be a perfect quilt for a good little boy! Glad you have Betsy to help with the basting and that you have smething to work on for someone special!!