Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Heart's Ease....

and a sunny day in Finn-y Town. Ebby takes advantage of every little bit that we get on these dark short days of winter. My home faces east, so there is only morning sun. I was sitting at the dining room table, writing bills yesterday, and when I glanced over, this is what I saw...*VBS* I had to snap the picture.
She was watching for birds and spooky snow shoveling people. She is mostly in the shadow, but the ears tell the story. When I look back a few minutes later, I found this instead.....LOL Apparently sleeping on the job is ok in her profession. She looks so cute with her belly as support for the rest of her...rather like she's 'expecting' and is resting on her treasure...*VBG* I have to say she has quite a belly(that's what we are both working on this winter) but it's NOT that big!!! I've been sewing this snowy Tuesday morning...zipping my way through the triangle pairs for more broken dishes(hourglass blocks). I'm hoping to have enough to finish up that top....maybe today.

11 comments:

quiltpixie said...

wonderful pics of Ebby! I hang the bird feeder outside my living room window to give my cats something to watch...

Libby said...

Well, if no birds come and view gets boring I think a nap would be in order *s*

Laurie Ann said...

Ahhhh .. great pic of ebby. So cute sleeping like that.

Carol said...

Wonderful pictures...she had worked very hard watching for those birds and snow shovelers...needed a nap!

Paula, the quilter said...

She looks so relaxed!

Nancy said...

Love those Ebbie pictures. Especially the second one. How cute!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how cute! She looks like she is happy, but oh so uncomfortable to me!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Finn...these are great pictures of Ebby. My kitties spend a lot of time staring out into the snow, sleeping and eating. We have had snow on the ground for at least a week and it's been snowing all day without much accumilation. The temp has been really erratic today...40 then down to 26 then back to almost 40 and then tonight down again.

Ebby has a tummy like my Daisy. *LOL*

Maggie Ann said...

Looks like she's out like a light!

Sweet P said...

Ebby looks wonderfully content with her view. Oh if only each of us could have a spot like hers to watch the world go by and take an occasional nap.

ForestJane said...

I think you need to pile up some quilts in that chair so that the 'seat' is as high as the arm... lol

Either that or put a little tv tray type table there with an Ebby size bed for sun-snoozing in the mornings!

Forestjane