Thursday, March 29, 2007

One Ebby Quilt, coming soon.....

I received these two darling squares of a funny black cat from Tracy of Oz, *VBS*. She said they made her think of Ebby and she had to sent them to me. I adore them, and have been racking my brain for wht type of quilt or wallhanging to make, featuring them. And then when Betsy and I were shopping I came across a line of fabric featuring black cats..*S*
And of course I had to buy some of it to go with the squares from Tracy. I've folded the yardage over to show what 1 section of it has. It's called The Skillful Cat, and it's very cartoon like. I love the colors, especially the lime green..*VBS* And this last picture is my most favorite little part. Something about that upside down cat, I think....LOL I think the pictures will get bigger with a click or double click.

There was also a couple of co-ordinating fabrics that I didn't get. One was the same red as the pillow and featured black paw prints. I think I need to go back and get some of that one...!

16 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm sure Ebby will be anxious to see what kind of quilt you'll be making that features her! Have fun.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Whee, very fun black cat quilt ahead.

The Calico Cat said...

I have both of those fabrics, so I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Susan Tidwell said...

Fun! You have brought a smile to my face this morning. Yes, definitely get the red fabric with paw prints, you NEED it! Looking forward to see what all this turns into, and I am sure Ebby will appreciate her own quilt.

Have a great weekend!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

*hehehhe* I love the kitty pictures! They are so fun!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Bonnie

tami said...

I love all the kitty fabrics and the sayings have so much cattitude. I can't wait to see what you make from them, but I think Ebby definitely needs a quilt of her own. ;cD

Cher said...

well, perfect Ebby cat fabric! it will be such fun to see what you come up with using all those lucious fabrics...lucky Ebby!

Barbara C said...

What fun fabric! I'm sure you'll have a great time creating this Ebby quilt. I have a black cat too, ( and two greys and an orange) and I like to collect interesting black cat fabrics which I've used in my daughter's quilts.

Laurie Ann said...

That skillful cat fabric is fabulous!!!!

SuBee said...

Too funny, and too true! What a puuuurfect kitty statement. Ebby is going to love it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those blocks are too cute and you found the perfect fabric to go with them! Yup, I think you need the red with black paw prints too!

YankeeQuilter said...

what fun fabric...it will make you smile as you sew!

Sweet P said...

What great Ebby fabric! She will love her quilt.

Nellie's Needles said...

What fun! Scrappy ebony cats combined with lots of fun, bright, new fabrics.

meggie said...

Much fun! Laughed at the skilled cat, - yes, you need the paws too!

Look forward to seeing your result.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Wow, I love how my two little pictures have meant a whole lot of fabric buying...and such a wonderful co-ordinating fabric as well. I'm pleased you have had fun with the gift. Hugs, Tracey