Monday, April 02, 2007

Rainy Monday, yesterday's pictures and post #850

Kind of hard to believe I've post 850 times in 20 months of blogging...LOL. So........ as you can see from the first picture, WI is beginning to take on some 'green'...thank goodness. It will be weeks yet til we get flowers, but there is the promise. And then here are the two 'Cracker' block doll quilts for my friend Delores to give her granddaughters. I got those finished up.
The good news this week is that I will have company for dinner on Easter Sunday. When all your children have children, and that other set of relatives, it gets hard to bring them together very often. But my oldest son called, and he and his wife and 3 boys will be here to
help me celebrate...*VBS* So I've already begun the 'sprucing up' part of my preparations. I wish I was a person that had a place for everything and kept things where they belong, but I'm not. And it takes a major effort to 'de-clutter' and get ready for company...but I'm delighted to have them coming, so I won't complain.
By finishing up these two doll quilts, I have almost all of my Aunt Gracies type fabric used up. And doing the 9 patch/broken dishes baby quilt helped also. I'll be glad to see the end of the Aunt Gracies, altho the younger gals that I use it for, sure do love those pastel prints.
My stash has turned into a complete nightmare over the past couple of months, and I'm looking forward to jumping in, some rainy day, and just sorting,thinning out and getting it all neat and tidy again. It will probably take a full day!! I sort by color, but my oh my, I've really made a mess this time!!
Tomorrow is my early day trip to the Vitreo-Retina surgeons office again for a re-check on my left eye. I'm hoping to find out why I have such constant pain in that eye. It's time for some answers, if there are any to be had. DD#1 will be driving me into the Twin Cities as my eyes will get dilated, and that puts a nix on driving for a few hours. Plus, I'm nearly past the place I can comfortably drive in a metro area. Too many things to watch and 'see', and I don't feel I can 'see' fast enough anymore. I'm still ok to drive around here, thank goodness. Hope everyone had a good weekend, I'm off to do some cleaning and organizing and then write out the bills.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Those 30's doll quilts are just perfect for spring! :D They are sooo cute...wouldn't you love to be a little girl getting one of these? :) I'm so happy to hear that you will have some of your family with you for Easter. I just can't picture you with ANY clutter, Finn, :D and I'll just bet you will have it whipped into 'company' shape in no time. :D Sending good wishes for your eye exam. It's so frustrating when you know you have a problem and can get no answers to it. Fingers are crossed for you to find out what's causing the pain.

Fiona said...

Very spring like quilts - in keeping with the season - have a lovely time with your son and family.

Hanne said...

Very cute doll quilts :-)
Happy post # 850. I like to read your posts.

CONNIE W said...

Wishes for a happy Easter! Love those Aunt Grace quilts.

meggie said...

Lovley little dolly quilts Finn.
Good luck with your eye.
And enjoy your time with family.

Cher said...

Finn, what fun lovely dollie quilts! enjoy the family get together for Easter-we will be at my sons enjoying a nice brunch and the baby of course.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I'm a 'pollywog dittlehopper?' My goodness, just when I think it can't get any better, it does! A pox on all of the poxes, I say! Glad the leprechauns, gremlins, pox sayers and April fool's let you in to comment on my post. A Finn visit is a very good day, indeed :)And a day with such little lovelies as your dolly quilts will make Easter Sunday all the more special for those little ones! Sending good thoughts and twinkles to your eyes!

Quilts And Pieces said...

The little cracker box quilts are cute! I never thought about doing that design with just a bunch of prints like that - Great Idea! I love them!

Libby said...

Those little cracker boxes are just as sweet as they can be. Have a safe trip to the Cities - I'll be hoping for some real answers for you *s*
I can imagine your excitement over your Easter guests - ThePrincess is coming for a visit and preparations are in full swing *s*

Bea said...

Gratulation to aour Post no. 850.
Enjoy your Easter-trip.

Maggie Ann said...

This little quilt 'looks' like an Easter quilt...all pretty pastels. I do hope you get relief from your eye pain soon...will pray. btw, your neo counter is really interesting. Is that something you buy? Hope you don't mind my asking...