Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flag Day in South Beach....

South Beach, WI that is....*VBS* Yes, I've been feeling very, very trendy and upperwardly mobile, and a tat of a beach babe....LOL. I found these lovely new chairs last weekend, and bought two of them and the little table. They aren't as fancy as the lounge chair that Libby was tempting us with at http://simplylibby.blogspot.com/ but I'm happy! They had them in pink, salmon, sage and turquoise....wasn't a hard choice. I've been enjoying them, and Betsy tested them out on Monday....she approves.
A note from yesterday...for Dawn....all my seam rippers are named Jack *VBS*...you know, Jack the Ripper? When I hollar "Jack" one always comes running.
And if you aren't a reader of Libby's blog, you should check it out. She does such great primative looking quilts, and hangs them on her fence to photograph. I had to enlarge the yard picture yesterday, just so I could see what all she has hanging on that fence....I love it Libby!!!! Including the painting on the ??? it isn't a saw blade, whatever it is, it's gorgeous!(In WI, it's popular to paint on the long cross cut saw blades and then hang them)
I think Tonya has agreed(????) to a modified challenge, altho her comment yesterday makes me wonder. I sent you an email Ton, and left a comment yesterday...I agree to what you feel you can do and we'll go from there? Shall we make it fun and( if Sophia or Cher, or Barbor quilt pixie( and I can't remember who else) thought it sounded like fun)see if other want to join us???? As part of her comment yesterday at Tonya's blog http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/
Sophia http://sophiejunction.blogspot.com/ gives a link to a great Orphan quilt called The Orphanage. It's fun to go to Flickr and take a look at that one too.
This last picture is just Finn-type fun...a funny little statue someone 'gifted' to me(what is one to do with all this stuff??) I found the perfect spot for her by stepping out my front door.
This Constant Gardener isn't just constant, she's tiny and fits perfectly into the window box. She has her little rake and bucket and sun hat and is all set to care for the violets and begonias.
It's going to be another 90 degree day here and I will be laying low. I'm doing a Harry Potter movie marathon, just one a day for now....and I'm only on the second one. I've put binding on the baby quilt I machine quilted and will be stitching that down by hand today. Then to get binding on my Gee's Bend Wanna Be...I'll show you soon. And things are beginning to appear on the design wall that resemble a gathering of orphans on the train station platform.....*VBS* Hmmmm?

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

ah, now I get it. you were talking about fat quarters so I was afraid there was another part to the challenge. I will do this orphan quilt, just not yet. I need to finish up a couple of other projects first - particularly the lime green adn blue Xs and Os that's in progress. I WILL do it tho one of these days.

Katie said...

If your talking about an orphan block quilt challenge, I'd sure like to be in. I need something to spark my quilting, and life for that matter.

Libby said...

Those chairs look mighty comfy to me - I'd come over to join you any day *s*
You know that 'painting' against the fence in my backyard? It's an old dresser mirror that I saved from the trashman while on a walk around my neighborhood a few years back. The silver is in bad shape, all peel-y and splotchy - but it easily doubles the flowers in my yard *s*

Unknown said...

Love your turquoise garden chairs - they only come in boring white or almost boring dark green here in the UK - turquoise is much more fun - wouldn't I just love to drop by and sit and stitch in the sun there with you

Magpie Sue said...

It seems Tonya has postponed this challenge you two are talking about but can you give the rest of us a clearer picture of exactly what the challenge is? Just to use up our orphan blocks? Y'all already have me thinking about mine...(!)