Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Shopping trip....

and color me happy...*VBS* I used my Oct. birthday gift certificate and got fabric. The new 8" ruler is to replace one whose markings I can no longer read, and a new seam ripper named Jack. On the fabric front, the red Aunt Gracies is for setting blocks and triangles for a table square, and believe it or not, the pink if for binding, and maybe????? a border. I'm using the real-deal in depression era fabrics for the little crumb squares that I'll put in there. They are 3.5" finished. The red probably seems like an odd choice, but Betsy and I agreed we like the statement it makes. It definitely 'crowds' and 'challenges' the pieced blocks, and I like that..*S*
The first 5 FQ's are for a possible challenge with Tonya....LOL, and the red is the paw print fabric that goes with the weird cat fabric I got months ago....the cartoon cats.
Betsy got mainly fabric, I think...not specific for any certain project. Today was my first day of volunteering at the nursing home to help with Bingo...it was fun! I'm off to see if I can get an air conditioner delivered to son #3...we hit 91 here today.

8 comments:

meggie said...

MMMm some yummy fabrics there!

Quilts And Pieces said...

OK, what am I missing - why is the seam ripper called Jack?....

Libby said...

Challenging your blocks to make a statement - now that sounds like fun.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I am inspired and off to ask for the gift of a name for each of my seam rippers. Offhand, all I can think of is "Rip Torn"...wasn't he a comedic actor from the 70's? My quilting/unquilting/frog quilting..rippit days are ALWAYS a joke. Usually, by the end of them I am not laughing, however. Now, I shall think of you dear Finn and your little Jack and I shall have a little giggle. You have the gift of taking in orphans of all kinds and making them your own and giving them gifts so why should I be suprised that this includes sewing tools?

atet said...

LOL -- I have to laugh. My seam rippers are named Jack as well. It amuses me when I have to "unsew".

Love your fabric choices! Can't wait to see what becomes of them.

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun fabric. challenge with Tonya? hmmmm....

Cher said...

I think the red and pink are perfect choices...can't wait to see this put together dear Finn....please tell more about this challenge! sounds fun...

Judy said...

I have that red fabric! It's one of my favorites! Can't wait to see them together!