Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wacky Wednesday....?

Is that a category? Well, for me it is! Or maybe it's just me that is wacky...LOL Today...something old and something new.
Warm and wonderful! That's what this is...*VBS* My blog-a-versary block from Libby. She blogs at http://simplylibby.blogspot.com/(see sidebar). She told me this blocks is called Summer School and that she picked the colors especially for me! And I love it!! The warm tones will always remind me of Libby's warmth and friendship...thanks Libby!
And some stitching from an old friend..*VBS*, and one of MY favorite quilters, Tonya. You all know Tonya...she blogs at http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/ and currently is living in Paris. My 'All Seeing Eye' came by way of Cairo, Egypt...Tonya's last address. I feel special having this wonderful little quilt. It was created with an ongoing awareness of the role 'eyes' play in my life. From the vintage buttons to the special words...I love it! It's one of my most honored possessions on my wall of quilts *VBS*Thank you Ton!

6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

You are very welcome!

Texan said...

ok the eye candy block is just way to cool!!!

hey Finn, its been a year since you helped me set up my blog, a year today!! Come on over and sign up for the drawing,, I am going to send out a little something in honor of it... and THANK YOU again for helping me enter blog land.. I have met some realllllly great people thru blogging!!!

Shelina said...

That's a pretty Summer School block. I haven't heard of this block before. Tonya's eye is very nice as well.

Mama Spark said...

Cool evil eye! I love it!!

meggie said...

That is a neat eye! And Libby's warm block is lovely too.

Magpie Sue said...

Lucky you to have one of Tonya's stitcheries!