Wednesday, July 02, 2008

the daily news....

the quilt is still "missing" but the search continues!  Yesterday's mail brought me a wonderful surprise from my special friend Julie in TX *VBS* I wasn't expecting anything but in the package I found this wonderful little 4th of July quilt *VBS* Thank you Julie, I love it! She also send me a house block, a wonderful 4th of July card and 2 neat little suture scissors...they will be perfect for snipping tiny stitches! You made my day Julie, cause other than the package, it wasn't so good. The temps pushed 90 here yesterday, finally, some July weather. However, my dr appt, some 20 miles away was at 4, and wouldn't you know, the AC in the car has quit working....ug! Thank goodness for open windows.
 Across the REALLY big pond east of me, my special friend Granny Lyn is just a 'hooking' away to her hearts content. She's designed and is now 'cranking' out these lovely bags in various sizes.
 Some are purse size, I think, and some are "beach bunny" size. I keep asking her "why not try your hand at a string bikini?"..should be perfect, working with fabric....LOL. She's just NOT buying it....wonder why??? Great job on the bags Granny Lyn, they are awesome! P.S. the answer to yesterday's picture question....it's the top shelf of the bookcase in my laundry room *VBS*
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hello Finn!! catching up on my visiting...and believe me, i "lose" many a quilt-it is the only reason i clean!
Lovely mail you received today, you are just as busy as ever, well done...and I hope the Doctor had warm hands...or in your temperatures maybe that should be cold ones!!love Tracey

QuiltedSimple said...

What wonderful mail you have received - and I love Granny Lyn's bags. Have a wonderful 4th of July
Kris

Sara said...

Love the little 4th quilt from Julie. Very cute - and I am loving Granny's bags too!

Cher said...

fabulous bags...and what a cute little quilt-always fun to get a surprise in the mail

Granny Lyn said...

What a sweet little quilt, and perfect for this time of year...and what a sweet suprise to find my granny bags on your space, they look kinda good, don't they?