Thursday, January 22, 2009

Frosty Magic.....

The warming temps of the past few days has brought morning fog to my Valley. The snow pack remains very cold and the warmer air mixes temps and creates fog. Makes for a rough morning commute. For this stay-at-home granny, its just another event in this season called "winter". 
 No sunlight this morning, just the softening effect of the fog on the horizon. Winter in WI. Not so bad.
 The first finish for January in my One Project a Month challenge. My Strippy quilt, it's quilted, bound and washed. It had way too much evidence that a black cat lives here, I felt I couldn't give it away without washing it. It will be going to my DSIL who's allergic to cats. His last quilt from me was in 1999, time for another, I think *VBS*
 
Posted by Picasa
I've kept myself busy during the 'peaceful transition to power' in our nations capitol. Sitting at the dining room table, I've pinned and now tied this Mickey Mouse Kitchen sink top from last fall. I'm going to get the binding on today, so I can stitch it down in the evenings. The Aurora top has found its batting is waiting for my attention next....maybe over the weekend.

12 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Your picture of the trees look similar to ours this morning. Isn't it fun to get some quilts done. I managed to quilt and bind 5 baby quilts for the North over the past couple days. It's nice to get these done. I'm sure your DSIL is going to love the quilt.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovely work, Finn; as always. I love that frozen, foggy photo. Have a great day!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love the mickey mouse four patch

Amelia said...

The snow is pretty to look at...but not to drive thru.

Your lovely black kitty was just checking out to make sure you sewed love in that quilt for DSIL.

Have a fun evening!

Twisted Quilts said...

Love that Mickey Mouse quilt. I set a tv up in my sewing room on Tuesday. We had snow so I had the whole day to sew and watch.

Myra said...

Way to go Finn! One for January done! Good for you! 8-)
I'm sure your DSIL will appreciate a new quilt from you...
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Kim said...

I'm glad you blogged- we worry about you when you don't. The quilt looks great. Moose and Nancy send purrs to Ebby too!

Mama Spark said...

Nice job on those quilts. It's snowy here too. Stay warm!

Libby said...

Looks like you are having perfect quilting weather *s* Stay warm. Wish I could come over, stitch and enjoy that view with you and Ebby.

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures Finn.
Your quilts are really fantastic!
These are the sort of colours that makes you feel happy.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Great photos. It looks really snowy, but beautiful in your area.

My girls would love the Mickey Mouse quilt!!

Greenmare said...

I lvoe your scrappy quilts!