Thursday, November 12, 2009

This and that....

all are important to me, but not of great significance otherwise....LOL I wouldn't be Finn if I didn't fall prey to that elusive shadow called 'sew something new'. These are the main ingredients, actual African fabrics purchased at Treadle Art, in St. Paul, MN many years back. The purple is from my stash and is what will pull them all together.
 New posting at the Riding the Orphan Train yesterday...I've been very neglectful of that blog, sorry. Do pop on over and see who made this beauty from LEFTOVERs..parts, blocks and bits *VBS*
 I realized recently that I've become neglectful of "playing" with Ebony. At her age, she sleeps alot and it's become a two chapter book. Sleep and Eat...very little else(excpt complaining). I got to thinking about that, and realized that except for her "bedtime romp"(which involves tearing around the house as fast as a feline can) she doesn't play anymore. So I dug out some tissue paper this morning, put part of her toys under, and a few on top...she was one happy kitty all most immediately *VBS*
 In the sewing department, it seemed time for another "how are we doing on the UFO Challenge" posting. Soooo I counted up. We challenged quilters and sewers, have managed to finish 67 projects so far. Not bad, not bad at all!! Keep stitching gals!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Love those scraps. I don't feel so bad about all my UFO's now. I've got close to 20. Oh well right! Embrace.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Hi Finn! I too posted about African fabric today:-)
Is the New Year's Eve UFO Challenge image free for us to add to our UFO-finishing blogs?

Amelia said...

Loved that fabric in the first picture...the purple will really bring it all together.

I know what you mean about cats with their two gears...eat and sleep...our three are very good at that.

Have a great weekend.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the fabric. Can't wait to see what you create with it.

Awesome on the quilts finished. It's going to be interesting to see how many get done by the 31st of Dec.

That quilt is incredible. She did a wonderful job using parts, blocks and bits. Hugs..

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wonderful all the way around. Especially the Ebby part. I think we all need a piece of tissue paper to climb upon/under/ and rustle things up a bit!

Purple Pam said...

Hi Finn - I finished a community quilt UFO this weekend. Another finish! I didn't have to do too much, just cut ties and apply binding. Whooppee!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

No matter how old a cat gets it still needs some play time! You folks are doing so great on UFO's...I need to knuckle down again after the new year....

Rosa said...

Great fabric!the quilt will be awesome

Mary Johnson said...

67 finished projects is great - isn't it wonderful how a challenge can spur people on? I can't wait to see how close everyone comes to meeting the goal.