Thursday, December 17, 2009

Are you in the mood???

Well, here it comes, ready or not! Put on your thinking cap and "name that tune"! are you hearing "White Christmas"? Or maybe "Jingle Bells"? Or are you in the land of palm trees and sunshine, "Dreaming of a White Christmas"?
 No reindeer here, but we could sing "oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful...". Or "I heard the bells on Christmas Day..."
 Maybe "Frosty, the Snowman" is a favorite. I certainly like them...snowmen, that is *VBS*, they are always so happy.Looking east, this day promises sunshine.
 
We can rise with the sun, watching it come later and later each day until the winter solstice, which is 4 days from now, on the 21st. And after enduring the shortest day of the year, we can turn away from this setting sun, and back to the east, turning to the light. Much can be said about our daylight/nocturnal attitudes, but it seems to enough to say..."turn towards the light". Solstice blessings to all of you.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Libby said...

Oh how I love Christmas music - and this year more than ever. Since I am still challenged in finding my way from Point A to Point B, I no longer listen to the radio while driving . . . too distracting. But I have found that I'm singing holiday tunes as I drive along. Such fun *s* Hope the bug has left you and the Christmas spirit has moved in! Hugs.

Twisted Quilts said...

Getting in the mood! We might even have a little of the white stuff on Saturday! I will definitely be in the mood next week when the house is full of folks. Have a wonderful holiday.

Katie said...

Thanks for the pics from the land on snow. And the songs of the season. Actually there are many great decorations on homes and in yards here in FL. Sorry you were under the weather. I bet Ebby enjoyed sharing the quilt on your lap while you watched those old movies. If you need some sunshine, remember I have an extra bedroom just waiting for a visit.

Mary said...

your view and sunset/sunrise pictures are stunning. I never get tired of seeing them in your posts. You are blessed by living in such a prime place for viewing them.

Merry Christmas

Myra said...

Great post Ms Finn! 8-)
Our cold snap just broke... for how long though is anyone's guess!?!
Take care!
Stay healthy through the Christmas craziness!
Happy stitchings!

Magpie Sue said...

I'm glad you're feeling better than you were. I hope you get to do the things you most enjoy during this holiday season. I'm certainly ready for the solstice to come and go so the days will grow longer!

em's scrapbag said...

Lovey pictues and loved the list of Christmas songs. Hope you have a festive yuletide. Em

Rhonda said...

Great pictures and music to warm the heart! For some reason, I've got "I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You" by Elvis playing over and over in my head.....I don't feel blue but I love Elvis' voice.
Take care and Merry Christmas!

fabricartist21 said...

Love the snow picutres!! Calling all bloggers I am having a huge giveaway on my blog and will be adding a new item everyday until 12/24. Check it out.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

It sure looks like Christmas! We have been having cold weather, but no snow yet, maybe tomorrow.
I have finished my 5 ufos for the challenge + 14 more, a total of 19. It sure feels good!