Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter time....

And we have snow, but then so does almost every state in the Union. It is beautiful, until it gets dirty. I've been a sewing fool this past 10 days. Didn't realize it was so long since I'd posted. I'll have something to show soon. I'm working on my pledge quilt for Q4L, and a child is waiting for it !
 We had our family Christmas on New Years Day and DD#2's house. Here's some of my grandsons with their new flannel pillowcases, they liked them!! And money in a Christmas card worked for them as well...Gram did good!
 
L is getting to be such a big boy now. He will turn 3 next month. A new book, a storytime pause with Auntie, and the new animal that his book is about. I've forgotten the title but the book is by the author of "Hunger,Hunger Caterpiller", which was also a favorite of his Mom's. Hope everyone out East(and all across the country) is safe and warm while dealing with all that snow.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohhh my, I do believe you have more snow than we do. A good day to stay inside and sew I'm thinkin'.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Great photos to share. Love your pillowcase choices...perfect for boys of all ages. And I've heard of the new Eric Carle book..but don't remember it's name, either! Cute!!

Angie said...

Such sweet pictures of your grandbabies, Finn! :) That snow picture is beautiful. And is that one of your daughters in the last photo? She's a beauty. :)

Magpie Sue said...

I'm glad to her that you've been busy sewing and not silent for some other reason!

I've just completed the third of the UFO's I had on my challenge list. Better late than never! I'm done with deadlines for the time being. [VBG]

Tamera said...

I heard on the weather channel that there is snow on the ground in 49 of the 50 states...only Florida doesn't have snow!

YankeeQuilter said...

Our problem is more ice than snow! Almost gone...there goes my excuse to do nothing but sew!

Libby said...

Ahhh - winter. I am loving the snow but am not a friend of 'snirt' *s*(

em's scrapbag said...

We are supose to get more of the fluffy white stuff tomorrow.
Ah, storytime is one of my favorite times.

Scrappy quilter said...

You have almost as much snow as we do. I've been quilting like crazy too. I'll answer your e-mail hopefully tomorrow after my doc appt. Love the pillowcases...cute. Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...

You have almost as much snow as we do. I've been quilting like crazy too. I'll answer your e-mail hopefully tomorrow after my doc appt. Love the pillowcases...cute. Hugs

Stephanie D said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much over this snow! lol

AnnieO said...

I heard that about the 49 states too! It sure has snowed a lot in the northern part of my state and even in our local mountains (not like yours). The boys and their pillowcases are cute!

Hungry Hungry Caterpillar, I think you meant. Too funny!

quiltmom anna said...

I love Eric Carle's books and so do my kindergarten kids- He does such beautiful animals using tissue collage -or at least some of them are.
Looks like lots of fun was had by all.
Happy New Year to you.
Stay warm and Happy quilting Finn.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Clare said...

Lovely and mild here!

I love the Eric Cayle books!

Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. I need to give you a number so contact me when you are ready.

Hugs
xxx