Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Peaky and Spike come out to play...

Another day winding down and sliding towards tomorrow. A few more scraps pulled from my scrap bag, mostly fabric today. We have been in a "heat waves" here in WI, one that is spreading across the USA. Things broke Monday night, with some pretty terrific storms. Lots of trees down and power outages quite wide spread. Marvelously cool air followed the storm, and yesterday felt like promises of September. This morning saw WI and northen MN with temps as low as 34 degrees.

But its a wonderful relief from the heat and the wind. Makes you want to kick up your heels, throw open the windows and just celebrate life..*S* Felt like my brain could actually FUNCTION again...LOL.

I had a poor woebegotten bag of 4.5" squares in my sewing table drawer, put together years and years ago when the Doreen Speckman Peaky and Spike templates first came out. I'm not sure how many were in there...seemed like lots but not enough for a quilt. Yesterday I "liberated" them. Time for Peaky and Spike to go "over the hill".
Some strange and interesting things happened during their escape. A whole little plaid and checks( manufactors samples) quilt got born, all catty wompus and tilty..*VBG* And P & S found themselves in the land of Roberta Horten plaids.
I took them out to lunch at Betsy's house. She's a big fan of both plaids and P & S and is all for liberation! Betsy is another "scrapper" and likes things "wonky". We retreat together twice a year to Northen MN for a weekend of frenzied sewing around the clock with a group that has been doing this since 1990. It's a terrific weekend. No hubbys, no cooking, no dishes, no phone, no tv..well, you get the picture.

October will be here before I know it, and another retreat. And in the mean time, I can find lots of mischief to get into here in my corner of the world..pulling things from my scrap bag.

No comments: