Monday, February 26, 2007

Then and now....

and what a difference a few days makes! Earlier last week I showed you this first picture. The second and third pictures are what has been added to the landscape...LOL This is one days snowfall....10 inches. Note the lovely overhanging snow lip ready to slide off my neighbors house...*S*. We had very strong winds from the south and east, and have some good snowdrifts.
The piles of snow that you see, are the work of the snow plow drivers effort. He was here about 2.5 hours yesterday a.m., plowing the 16 driveways in our little complex. They also individually shovel our walks and sprinkle salt.
This third picture is pretty much the same view as the November days looking picture. Difference is my car is in the garage, and that's a PILE of snow blocking the view south. The little darkness on the right is my garbage can, and further down, the dark spot is a car..LOL. We have some two car families here, but only one car garages. I got some quilting, some sewing, and some crocheting done over the weekend, and didn't step a single step outside...which was fine with me!!

9 comments:

CONNIE W said...

The snow can be a nuisance but it makes up for it in beauty! Happy stitching.

CONNIE W said...

Sorry for double clicking the above post, didn't think it was accepted on the first try.

Elaine Adair said...

Lovely snow - especially if you can stay home! It missed us, darn it - we always want the moisture.

Libby said...

It looks just beautiful to me. A perfect day to hunker down indoors - near a window - and enjoy a quiet day quilting.

Carol said...

It sure looks pretty to me...but then I'm the Florida girl and I don't have to deal with it but it sure looks like a perfect day for quilting.

quiltpixie said...

I'm sure you were able to enjoy the perfect quilting weather!

Judy said...

My that is alot of snow!! Love all the doll quilts! and the small ones that are meant for wall hangings. SOmetimes it fabulous to make things smaller and more detailed!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

We're snowless at the moment...BooHoo.
I'm one of a few around here that loves snow, but I don't have to go out in it unless I just want to play. *LOL*

Patti said...

Wow! You really did get a lot of snow! Looks like perfect weather for staying inside quilting, drinking tea and eating homemade soup and fresh, warm bread from the oven.